News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Cannot retract gear

Started by Darksidedriver, Sun, 15 Sep 2019 10:02

Darksidedriver

Hello. Be grateful if I could get some help on this: I am unable to retract the gear when I create a new situation that begins while airborne. In order to clear this I have to select a situation that begins on the ground with take off. Certain airborne scenarios that I have saved do seem to allow retraction, but the majority not. Doing my head in as it shows up on the missed approach. Thanks.

Avi

What exactly are you doing?
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Hello, some questions:

1. When you create your new situation, is that supposed to be an on-ground situation or an inflight situation?

You should always load an inflight situ when you design a new inflight situ.
You should always load a ground situ when you design a new ground situ.

2. Do you activate "motion freeze" when you start changing from air to ground and vice versa?

If you still want to change between ground and air with the repositioning tools, you should do this while "motion freeze" is OFF as this freezes the gear struts as well. The gear strut compression is part of the air-ground sensor system; therefore gear strut motion should be allowed.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Darksidedriver

I do not interchange ground and air situations. I take an existing airborne situation and adjust it for another airborne situation by altering location, altitude, and model as required. If the original situation is on the ground I would obviously create a new situation based on a ground scenario. The problem is that it seems as if many of my created situations in the air now prevent gear retraction - as if a malfunction had been programmed, which has not. I have checked and am sure no malfunctions are programmed.

Darksidedriver

Hardy. Would it be possible to send you a situ file where gear retraction is prevented? Might be simpler in the long run...

Avi

Always the best thing to do.
Check here how to load a file if you don't know how to do it.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Darksidedriver

Hardy Heinlin

Is your gear lock override pushbutton released? When you click it with the mouse, do you hear "clack, clack"?

Did you upload your situ file?

Darksidedriver

When i push override button I don't get the clack clack sound Hardy.

I just fired up the sim and - typical - now all situs allow gear retraction. I will wait for it to happen again and send in the situ file for analysis.

Hardy Heinlin

If the override button isn't moving ("clacking") when you click it, the button is already pulled in by the solenoid, and therefore the lever is unlocked, so you can move the lever to UP.

Do you use any software or hardware add-ons?

Did you accidentally click any circuit breakers? (You can reset all CBs on Malfunctions > General).

|-|ardy

Darksidedriver

Thanks for this Hardy. I do have pedals/yoke attached and am going to run some checks with them unplugged. 

Hardy Heinlin

I just meant to ask whether you have any networked external software/hardware control over your gear lever lock override switch. There is no USB assignment for this override switch, so you need not worry about your USB controls. They are OK.

|-|ardy

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Darksidedriver,

the gear button for the USB has the same function as the G key on the keyboard. Whenever you push it, the gear lever cycles to the next position. It has three positions: DN, OFF, UP. So if you want to go from DN to UP you need to push it twice. And for landing you have to push it twice as well to go from UP via OFF to DN.

The sequence is OFF, UP, OFF, DN, OFF, UP, OFF, DN etc.

I have no problem with the situ file you sent me. It starts with the lever in OFF. The first push moves it to DN, the next to OFF, then UP, then OFF etc.

The lock override is normal.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Darksidedriver

Thanks Hardy. I still cannot cycle the gear - either by mouse click on the gear lever or with G key. Could it have something to do with my start situ file that PSX opens with? Let me try and change that. Upside to this is I'm getting quite proficient with GEAR DISAGREE NNCL  ;D

Hardy Heinlin

I don't know what's going on in your setup. When I have loaded your situ file I can click the lever and it will move without problems. Is there a random electric contact problem inside your USB button that permanently sends signals? The last signal always wins, be it from the keyboard, mouse, or USB.

|-|ardy

Darksidedriver

Happy days. Changed the start situ and gear problem has disappeared. Thanks for the feedback everyone  ;D