News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Problem with (remote) PSXseecon v3.19?

Started by simbro, Thu, 15 Aug 2019 14:58

simbro

I'm wondering if I've overlooked a step somewhere when upgrading my PSXseecon from v3.16 to v3.19...

PSXseecon/SIOC run on a seperate PC to the PSX server and this configuration has worked fine for a number of years  - until I decided to update PSXseecon to v3.19.

Despite not having changed anything in the psxseecon.cfg file, PSXseecon v3.19 keeps looking for the PSX server on the local machine (127.0.0.1) even though I have "PSX_HOSTADDRESS=192.168.69.200" in the config file.
As soon as I replace psxseecon.exe with the old v3.16 version everything works again as usual so the problem is definitely related to the v3.19 .exe file.

Could it be caused by also having a PSX Client running on the local machine?
I suspect that PSXseecon v3.19 detects the local client (and overrides the CFG entry) whereas v3.16 doesn't...

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards
Simon

kiek

Hi,

You found a bug. In the Log.txt you will probably see that it has not detected PSX_HOSTADDRESS in your .cfg file.
That's wrong.. I'll fix it in the next version.

Regards,
Nico

kiek

simbro

Thanks Nico!
All is now working again with v3.20!!

Regards
Simon

asboyd

Thx Nico, nice to see updates coming out again :)

Best wishes,
AlexB

PS I have just built a relay card. I have looked at your engine start script and was wondering what I need to use to get the relay to activate once the switch pulls back in. I am using a relay to operate a car central locking mechanism to reset the start switch :)
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia