News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

psx + xp11 xview repaints

Started by FLY744F, Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:16

FLY744F

Hi all

Just starting using PSX-XP11 with Xview.  I would like to add a repaint to PSX plane in XP but not able to.  Ive tried adding a liveries folder with Ba repaint but still getting the United livery.  Could somebody help with this please

Cheers
George

fly744

Hi

Yes I've testrd the repaints in the main xplane 747 default and it works fine. The folder which come in the xview folder come with just the United paint I've tried adding the BA paints it shows the planes in the configuration menu as soon as it loads it's still the United livery.

thecrazedlog

Its been a while, but I think I recall I had the same problem. The solution was to use XP10 repaints, not XP11 as the model used for XView is XP10, not 11. Given that I was able to get it to work and I don't recall much about it, I'm pretty sure it was something simple like that.

the mad hatter

hi   I too have a very real need for a re paint, but alas I do not have the skill set  would anyone be interested in helping me out here?  looking for  Ed Force One  or also know as Atlanta 666, yup you guessed it  Iron maidens 74, me I think it would be super cool (but that's me), I am contactable via the email button :-)  PSX is the flight model and PD3 I use for lighting etc

thank you
bernard

RRVyper

This should work for you:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30753-xp-b747-400-iron-maiden-book-of-souls-world-tour-2016/

Just create a folder (e.g., Iron Maiden) inside the X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Heavy Metal\PSX Plane\liveries folder and place the objects folder from the zip file in there. Then when you start XP11, select it via the customize menu for the PSX Plane.

Randy

the mad hatter

now that is FN cool  thank you thank you... but I use default PSX and PD3  out window please please be so kind as to explain how to make that work  ifd you state side send me an email  scotch will be forth coming :-) M

Swiso

In the following link you can find the "PSX Plane" folder already adapted with many different liveries.
Just copy the "PSX Plane" folder to your "X-Plane 11\Aircraft" folder.
In XPlane 11 then choose PSX Plane and select the livery you prefer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qg92xyl5zfcmv22/AABPm66nlJPRnjCKnaAy3xC_a?dl=0

AA

RRVyper

Quote from: the mad hatter on Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:52
now that is FN cool  thank you thank you... but I use default PSX and PD3  out window please please be so kind as to explain how to make that work  ifd you state side send me an email  scotch will be forth coming :-) M
Lol. I just assumed from the subj that you were using X-plane. Guess I didn't get to your last sentence. I'll see what I can come up with. 😉

Randy

RRVyper

Quote from: the mad hatter on Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:52
This will surely make you smile:

http://mbldezign.se/liveries/tf-aak/

the mad hatter

Indeed it did fine sir  indeed it did, so much so I discovered there is 1/44 scale model of it as well so jumped on ebay and scored it 45 bucks :-)  Once again sincere thanks I hunted all over the place and got zip.