News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Throttle & pedestal setup

Started by GodAtum, Sun, 28 Jul 2019 17:00

GodAtum

I took delivery of an amazing piece of Boeing and FDS engineering, a 747 throttle and pedestal! Firstly, thank you to all those in FDS who made this possible.

I have begun setup in PSXInterfaceIT. But I cannot find the inputs for the wx radar panel, the flt deck door button, the ACP dials, stab trim cutout and apl nose up.

Also, the thrust reversers seem to be on the same input as the throttle levers. In PSX, I think I need to assign the trust reversers separately?

jb747

If you have the motorized version it is not configured using PSXinterface IT.  I sent you a download link to the program on your post in the FDS forum.  Likewise, there is a separate program for the radar panel

Cheers,

Jon

GodAtum

Hi Jon,

No it's a non-motorized version (a real 747 throttle which they converted). The throttle levers work fine in PSX. The radio panel works fine with the Tekwox download. The reversers are assigned the same axis as the throttle levers, so I'm not sure how to separate them in PSX.

Also, I cannot find the inputs for the wx radar panel, the flt deck door button, the ACP dials, stab trim cutout and apl nose up. I assume they are in PSXInterfaceIT?

jb747

Use smartinterface for the wxr radar panel. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zv0n2mzda3hn46/SmartInterface_1.2.6.zip?dl=0

The ACP POTS are not provisioned.  I don't remember if Gary programmed the others in PSXinterfaceIT or not.

GodAtum

Quote from: jb747 on Mon, 29 Jul 2019 19:00
Use smartinterface for the wxr radar panel. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zv0n2mzda3hn46/SmartInterface_1.2.6.zip?dl=0

The ACP POTS are not provisioned.  I don't remember if Gary programmed the others in PSXinterfaceIT or not.

Thanks that's very useful  :D I managed to get the tilt and gain knobs working in Smart Interfaces, but the other WX buttons are not responding. So I assume the USB cable is OK.

jb747

FDS wired the POTS out to an FC-1 but wired the switches to the SYS board.  You need to purchase a Leo Bodnar card and redirect the connections to it for both the POTS and the switches to have enough inputs to fully support the Wxr Radar panel.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=180&zenid=c84d9153f2e7bec8e3345f9cba5d8414

Cheers,

Jon

GodAtum

Just to clarify, I cannot use the FDS SYS boards with the Smart Interfaces software?

jb747

That is correct.  The smartinterface software interfaces with joystick controllers.

Gilad

Quote from: jb747 on Mon, 29 Jul 2019 13:18
If you have the motorized version it is not configured using PSXinterface IT.  I sent you a download link to the program on your post in the FDS forum.  Likewise, there is a separate program for the radar panel

Cheers,

Jon

Hey Jon

We have the motorized quadrant. Can you direct me to that link please?

Thanks