News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RealTraffic

Started by JonRRR, Thu, 25 Jul 2019 18:39

JonRRR

Hi - I downloaded a 24hr trial of RealTraffic. I installed it, selected the PSX to external traffic source. I'm running everything on one machine, so I guess it says native support so it should just work? There are no instructions at all for a basic set-up for RealTraffic on his website (that I can see) only a PDF for developers.

I'm wondering what critical step I missed? I can't see any real traffic on the ND, transponder is on and set, I can see traffic on the RealTraffic screen, and both programs are at the same airport. Do I need to enter a specific IP address if running PSX and RealTraffic on the same computer? There seems to be no indicator of a "connection" on the Realtraffic software interface to PSX - so you don't actually know what the status is. R. Jon

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

in PSX on Instructor > Network > Main the checkbox "The main server" should be selected and the Start button must be clicked. That button then renames itself to a Stop button, and your running add-on should connect, and a message like "Client x accepted" should appear under the Stop button.

On Instructor > Situation > Human > Traffic select "Externally controlled".

If you see no traffic in PSX then it's a problem in the add-on.

I just tested the RealTraffic demo in the Franfurt area for 5 minutes; I couldn't see any traffic in PSX nor on the RealTraffic screen.

In RealTraffic I selected "Aerowinx PSX" .

Regards,

|-|ardy

JonRRR

Thank you - I will give that a go. R. Jon

Balt

Hi,

Make sure you follow Hardy's steps, and in addition to his steps:
- Select "Aerowinx PSX" as the simulator in use
- Select Show GND TFC and Show AIR TFC
- Unselect the "Disable PSX traffic injection" checkbox

If RT positions itself where your PSX sim is and updates with simulator movement, then the connection with PSX is fine.

I'm sorry there's no manual for PSX - that never even occurred to me. I've fixed that now on the website http://www.inside.net/ss/realtraffic-for-psx/

Cheers

Balthasar

Balt

Hardy, any chance I can convince you to increase the traffic buffer from 7 to say... 50? It also would be really cool if there was a way to set the strobe type (Boeing/Airbus) by using that as a parameter for the traffic being injected rather than even/odd numbered injection slots.

Cheers

Balthasar

Hardy Heinlin

Balt

MalcolmT

Pierre Theillere

Hi all,

I just noticed there's a new beta of RealTraffic, that enables to display a satellite image of clouds and/or precipitation (in various wavelength and filters) as a background... but more importantly it seems to enable network use of associated data!
Maybe some kind of integration with PSx would be feasible? RealTraffic has a new webpage https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/
Pierre, LFPG

Balt

Thanks Pierre - indeed, the idea is that the satellite data is accessible for further ingestion into the simulators using it. PSX already features an extremely realistic weather radar, which of course could be made even more realistic by making use of the radar maps RealTraffic provides for this specific reason (as outlined in the RealTraffic developer documentation here https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/RTdev1.3.pdf).

As far as I have been able to see, there is no officially sanctioned way to inject radar data into PSX. If the interest in the community for this is significant enough, perhaps Hardy can be persuaded to open that door in a future update of PSX. This would go well with the additional functionality I'm working on for injecting actual weather parameters from ECMWF model and reanalysis data.

Cheers

Balt

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Then we can do spiral band slalom!

Balt

much fun to be had with this. :) For the US where nexrad data is available, RT will provide these radar data instead of the satellite derived reflectivity maps. But that's a future upgrade... first things first. Satellites for now.