News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RCPs and ACPs

Started by Mariano, Tue, 16 Jul 2019 19:21

Mariano

Hardy,

On our 767s that have the upgraded (744) RCPs and ACPs, whenever 121.500 is transferred to the active window, all ACPs automatically activate the selector (green light) of the VHF radio tuned to 121.500.

Basically, we always fly with VHF right tuned to 121.500, which forces all ACP VHF R green lights to turn on (we cannot manually deselect them, all we can do is turn the volume down, should we not want to listen to occasional superfluous chatter on the emergency frequency).

If we tune an ATIS (or any other frequency) on the right RCP, the automatic VHF R audio selection is disabled.

I wonder if this is just operator option or a permanent feature of this particular RCP/ACP model combination, regardless on type on which they are installed.

Perhaps 747 guys can chime in.

Best regards,

Mariano

andmiz

Permanent feature as far as I know; our RCP/ACP's definitely do it.

Mariano

Thanks for the confirmation.

Best regards,

Mariano

Mariano

Apologies for the incorrect nomenclature; I meant RTPs and ACPs ;-)

Best regards,

Mariano

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: andmiz on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 04:12
You will get another feature on your RTP/ACP by tomorrow!

Hoppie

John H Watson

It's an option, but I can't remember how it is activated or if it depends on the Gables panel chosen.

It caught me by surprise when I was working on a customer airline. Ours didn't do it. The panels were otherwise identical.

(EDIT: Just looked at the wiring diagrams. All Gables panels have that function, but there is an option to cap and stow the wire responsible for sending the "emergency frequency command" from the panel.

Mariano

Thanks, guys.

Best regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Mariano

Thanks, Hardy.

Best regards,

Mariano

John Golin

John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: andmiz on Wed, 17 Jul 2019 04:12

Thing works!