News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX remote for Android devices

Started by J D ADAM, Sun, 14 Jul 2019 03:39

J D ADAM

Gentlemen,   
I have just purchased a 10 inch Lenova tablet.
Installation of PSX remote for Android devices works, in that it communicates beautifully with PSX.
However as soon as a key is pressed  the program closes down.
Question is :-  Does anybody else use the unit (knowing that it is very old) and designed for PS.
and is it expected to fully work with PSX.
Any help  would be appreciated.

Cheers
Derek Adam

Hessel Oosten

Dear Derek,

As you probably know the website of the author is:
https://github.com/kockie69/appcdu
His name on the forum was kockie69, so you can search for all his messages.

Many years ago I installed this android app on a Samsung 2014 edition and it worked flawless (after correcting some initial screen formatting issues by the author). I contacted him a few times (he's  also Dutch).

My impression is, that he nowadays is not more active in this field (?).
I could send you his email address, but private messages/mail are not ON in your profile.
If still necessary you can send a private mail to me for his address.

Hessel

Hessel Oosten

Small addendum:

I now remember that I had connecting problems at first (due to bad network knowledge here).

The author advised met to download another android app called "Pingtools" and after verifying the connections and addresses on that tool, I was able to connect properly.

H.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Note well: I DO NOT HAVE THE SOLUTION YET.

However elsewhere I crafted a remote MCDU that is 100% based on a web server. On the client (can be anything) you need to run a modern webbrowser, such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. That's it. Everything with a webbrowser works out of the box.

The web server runs as a small program on something that can reach PSX (over a network or on the same machine). In my current case, it's a WiFi box used to serve EFB iPads. We use this MCDU display to very quickly give people the real look & feel of a real box without all the associated setup.

This thing may be interesting for others, too. I may be able to organize it out of the commercial environment in which we developed it (it's not a product). It is JUST the MCDU; it is not a remote display of PSX.

Hoppie

J D ADAM

Thank you for your replies Gentlemen.

I did the necessary search which revealed that the author of the program is no longer supporting his remote PSX.
However Hessel, I will contact knockie69 through you, in the hope a solution to my problem can be found.

Cheers
Derek

RogerH

Hoppie, did you do any more on developing the MCDU for browser?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

No not yet. Just gauging interest at this moment.

Gilad

Hey Guys.

Was able to install on the Samsung note 9. Shows the graphics of the FMC.

Went into the settings and changed the ip address just as it says in the tutorial. Changed the port to what it shows on the port in PSX and still no connection made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gilad

RogerH