News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Engine Out Cruise and Step Climbs

Started by Mariano, Sat, 29 Jun 2019 15:10

Mariano

Hardy,

I have attached a .situ link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh5kdwe5kz8ajap/00%20-%20EO%20CRZ.situ?dl=0

Basically, I was cursing normally, shut down an engine, and drifted down to FL290 (optimum is FL291). On the way down, I deleted all pilot-entered step climbs and set the step climb value to '2000'.

If you open the .situ and play with the step climb field, take a look at the value in 1R. For instance, if I enter '2000', 1R shows 'FL340', if I enter '1000', 1R shows 'FL310' (I was expecting 1R to show 'FL310' after entering '2000').

I must be overlooking something.

Thanks and best regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Thanks for the situ file.

I can reproduce this error in PSX 10.0.4 up to version 10.81.

It seems to occur in E/O CRZ when a speed mode other than E/O SPD is selected (SEL SPD or LRC).

I'll try to isolate it ...

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Mariano

Ah, excellent, thank you.

Best regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

OK, fixed ... and will be available in PSX 10.82.

The step climb profile on the LEGS was correct, but the selection logic of the first S/C for the next S/C ETA/fuel/distance display on the CRZ page contained the risk of a rounding error. That's why this error was hard to discover in the past years. Congrats, Mariano :-)

The whole enroute track is split in small segments for calculations of the fuel consumption, speeds etc. pp. For the above S/C index selection logic there was a superfluous MAX ALT check, and if this was exceeded (could've been just 1 foot), the index picker took the last S/C of the route. So what you got was a correct profile, but the data on the CRZ page referred to the very last S/C in the route instead of the first S/C.

|-|ardy

Mariano

Hardy,

That's was as quick a fix of a very complex software piece as I have ever seen.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Mariano

RRVyper

Quote from: Mariano on Sat, 29 Jun 2019 15:10
Basically, I was cursing normally, ...
I wonder what would have happened if your were cursing abnormally!?

Sorry, couldn't resist. 😂

Randy

Hardy Heinlin