News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX EFB For the iPad

Started by Gary Oliver, Mon, 24 Jun 2019 21:58

Gary Oliver

All,

I have been working on something we have been using in the Simfest Simulator for a few months now and wondered if this was something you guys would be interested in (for free of course as always).

Its a PSX EFB that hooks into BACARS and the Simfest Dispatch Centre to display information on the current flight entered into the BACARS FLT INIT page.  No other configuration or faff, just open the App and everythings displayed.

There is also integration with the new navigraph cloud (from the app) where it displays the charts for the flight in FLT INIT.

Here are some screenshots :-

Cheers
Gary

cavaricooper

Gary-

I remain amazed at your, Mark's and the Simfest Team's generosity and hospitality. As ever, I'd fancy a go when your time permits. Thank-you all so very much for continuing to support our beloved PSX ecosystem.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

andrej

Gary (and the Simfest team),
I am amazed what on your level of contribution and ideas enhancing not only PSX experience. It looks amazing and very interesting. I like the idea of having "one-stop" shop for most of the utilities.

Question, is BACARS able to calculate performance on PW/GE engines or is it pure focus on RR?
Nonetheless, I wish I had skills at your level in order to contribute to the community.

Cheers,
Andrej

Gary Oliver

Quote from: andrej on Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:57
Gary (and the Simfest team),
I am amazed what on your level of contribution and ideas enhancing not only PSX experience. It looks amazing and very interesting. I like the idea of having "one-stop" shop for most of the utilities.

Question, is BACARS able to calculate performance on PW/GE engines or is it pure focus on RR?
Nonetheless, I wish I had skills at your level in order to contribute to the community.

Cheers,

Andrej/Carl,

Thanks for you kind comments, my view is if we make these things for ourselves we may as well share with the community as we benefit from everyone's contribution and its only fair.

We only do RR, however I know BTriple7 was looking at redoing the Performance code now he has learnt more about C# programming, so maybe we could make a way to add the GE/PW performance tables.  Does anyone have tables for those engine types that we could fill in?

Cheers
Gary

GodAtum

Amazing work, i am eternally grateful for your contributions to the community ... the simming experience would be a lot less rewarding without your tools. Looking forward to using it  ;D

kwieser76

Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

RogerH

Hi Gary,

Just to echo what everyone else has said - thanks for sharing your stuff with us all. It's one of the things I like so much about the PSX community, it's a real sense of belonging!

Will your EFB run on an iPad 2? As you know I'm an old skinflint and while it still works I'll be keeping it!

Cheers,
Roger.

kwieser76

Is this APP already released  ?

Thx

Kurt
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

jeffreymg

I second that, is the app going to be released as it looks great.

JeffG

GodAtum

Saw this on stream last night, is it possible to be made available to us?  ;D

the mad hatter

Yes  I too saw it   I think its the best thing since sliced bread  super cool and a most welcomed addition  had my eye on a couple of ipads for a whiles now and this is the justification required   well done Garry.. Is there anything that I have that I can help you with ?

Gary Oliver

Still working out how to package up and distribute an iPad app without plugging into my Dev PC.  Anyone got any experience of this?

GodAtum

You could try "an Ad-hoc app deployment option for the developers who want to share iOS app for the private beta or a temporary distribution. In this process, the app developer has to deliver the app binary to each user through e-mail or download URL. "

https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev7ccaf4d3c

Gary Oliver

I shall investigate, thanks!

RogerH

Sorry to harp on - will there be a limit to which iOS will run it? My old iPad 2 runs on 9.3.5 and won't go any higher - any chance you can make it run on that?

the mad hatter

Gary   i have access to a "Guru" would you like to effect an introduction ?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

If you are an official Apple dev ($$$) then there's a Flight Test app available that people can install to download beta releases. But it all runs through the App Store. It's basically an under the counter variant of the App Store.

I have the same @%#$%@#$ at work but luckily I could use that Flight Test thing.

Hoppie

the mad hatter

okay   i will ask  what is app costs to develope ?  ideas

Gary Oliver

I have an apple dev subscription.. one to look at tomorrow.

the mad hatter

i will donate to cause 😃😃