News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Another Issue With JAVA Perhaps???

Started by G-CIVA, Thu, 16 May 2019 02:22

G-CIVA

I finished an online flight at around 0015z on 16/05/19 & following this I was prompted on all of my networked PCs to update my Java installation (I wish I had not).

I then updated all my PCs (Win 10) on my network to Java build 1.8.0_211-b12 this includes the PC that runs 3 instances of PSX (one as server & Boost, the other two instances subordinate to that)

Just now I have attempted to fly again as normal & I am unable to get any peripheral programme via the PSX PC or my network to interface with my PSX server, despite the fact that my Win 10 network is functioning normally.

The only thing that I have changed since I last opened PSX was the Java update.

I am just trying to uninstall this version of Java & install an earlier version to see if this fixes the issue.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Hardy Heinlin

G-CIVA

Sorry Hardy I forgot to check there before shutting PSX down.

I have uninstalled Java build 1.8.0_211-b12, rebooted the PSX PC, the Win 10 network is running correctly as before.

I then installed a freshly downloaded copy of Java build 1.8.0_201-b09 from the Java website.

All is now running as it it did before I updated my version of Java, nothing to report in Aerowinx/Logs/errors.txt, all my peripheral programmes connect to my Boost server correctly.

I am thinking the issue must be with Java build 1.8.0_211-b12.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

G-CIVA

Further info on this issue ...

Flying now with all my network functioning correctly for well over 9hrs - Active Sky WX upper wind injected at cruise levels.

PSX Weather Download however seems to be stuck at 74% & at a time of about 30 - 40 minutes from when I started PSX.

My Aerowinx/Logs/errors.txt file shows this:

[Aerowinx Precision Simulator - Exceptions]

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
at NetServerThread.run(NetServerThread.java:210)

If anybody is getting a Java prompt to update their Java to 1.8.0_211-b12 - Dont!  This stuff is getting ridiculous...Java - not PSX.

EDIT ...

After landing I rebooted PSX ... no errors in the logs file & online WX downloaded successfully to the current time.  I will leave PSX until the next WX download cycle to see if it downloads successfully.

Steve Bell
aka The CC

Roddez

Steve,

Do you have your Windows Firewall enabled?

In the past when I have updated Java, the ports I have opened for Java applications (PSX) on my Windows firewall are closed/blocked.

When I start PSX after the Java update, sometimes I am prompted to allow PSX through the firewall again.  Other times, that prompt doesn't come up and I wonder why PSX wont communicate correctly.

Hope this helps.

Rod.
Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

G-CIVA

Rod,

I had previously set this up through Windows Firewall using Port 10747 (hopefully that is correct?) its has never caused issues before nor has the firewall ever asked me for a prompt to communicate through it.

Cheers for the tip though.

Steve
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

To download weather, PSX needs to go out through the firewall. Typically this is allowed without setting up something special; it's basically a web retrieval. Any HTTP(S) URL should go out without trouble.

You can always try to run the HTTP(S) in a web browser to see whether it is some distant problem or something very close to PSX.

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

Hi all,

when you see the word "NetServerThread" in a certain exception trace in errors.txt, this certain problem wasn't in the weather download system but in the main network which connects the PSX main server to PSX clients and add-ons. "Unknown source" means a main client disappeared in an unusal way. A usual add-on crash or exit will not cause this exception.

Regards,

|-|ardy