News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FAA approves Aerowinx PSX as a Systems Integration Trainer

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Sat, 27 Apr 2019 01:41

lentik

Auch von mir Glückwunsch aufs Herzlichste für diesen schönen Erfolg 😀👍!

Sebastian

the mad hatter

Kurt

BIG congratz Hardy from Denmark- so incredibly well deserved !!

Cheers
Best regards
Kurt

torrence

I've been holding off commenting on this thread because I'm gobsmacked - not just that the FAA approved this, but that Hardy managed this at the same time as creating a community of folks using PSX on platforms all the way from one computer/single screens to full motion simulators!  This Forum is a larger community than just pilots and software nerds.  I don't think the like of it has been seen before. 

Thanks Hardy!

Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

beat578

Hi Hardy
Congratulations to that well deserved honor! I took my afternoon off today as a birthday gift to myself to enjoy a flight from zurich to london and back with all whistles and bells... It's still that program that amazes me most of all I ever had!!
And Torrence, your absolutely right. I am "just" a plane fan with no relations to real airplanes besides flying on holidays, but it's so amazing what you can learn in here just by reading the topics. Most of them I don't understand half of it, but still it's so interesting and I want to go further and the forum and program always motivate me to do so!
Regards
Beat LSZH

Hardy Heinlin

Thanks again, ladies and gentlemen.

Let me add that PSX wouldn't be so precise without all the contributions and hints from many people of this community.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Skybird

If the community is so active, it is because the product is of an outstanding quality. And also because it's creator provides day to day an amazing five stars support!

Congratulations, well deserved!

Steve

ASCTU744

I'm a bit late but still congrats!
Does anyone know where to find the paperwork, I'm curious which FTD's use Aerowinx.

Hardy Heinlin

The paperwork is at Atlas Air. They won't put it on their website :-)

Here's a photo of their classroom in Miami with 40 CBTs with PSX:

ASCTU744

jtsjc1

Joe

Mariano

Way too many familiar sights in that picture. ;-)

So, basically, the FAA took just under one decade to affirm what every single one of us knew back in 2014.

Regardless, congratulations again!

Best regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

It took less than five years :-) This thread and that photo is from 2019. The work with Atlas started in 2017.

Mariano

Then I take it back; five years is not bad for such a large agency.

My mistake.

Best regards,

Mariano

Eric Volmer

Congratulations, Hardy!
Although a little bit late  :)
And please keep on going with this fantastic 744 flight simulator.
Best regards,
Eric

Markus Vitzethum

Still looks amazing.

Actually, I never thought about it before. Do you have any indication whether this setup is used in demonstration mode (e.g. all individual workplaces are a client to the instructor PSX) or for free play (which surely makes sense) - or both (are the students connecting / disconnecting to the server PSX themselves, then?). In any case, having all student workstations look the same is remarkable. :-)

Markus

Hardy Heinlin

Every seat is free play. No network except for version updating. But they all have the same set of situation files specific to Atlas Training which are not in the original Aerowinx package, and there's just one file in the Model folder: An Atlas model :-)

|-|ardy

peb

Icarus747

This is fantastic news!  Congratulations Hardy!  8)
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!