News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

more than two pages of waypoints makes PSX unresponsive

Started by siliconbase, Thu, 21 Mar 2019 09:24

siliconbase

Hi guys,

we have problem. When the route is a long one and there are more than two pages of waypoints on the FMS, PSX becomes unresponsive even on the PSX server computer screen. We click on the FMS buttons and wait 2-3 seconds for response. P3D view also becomes flickery etc. When we reduce the waypoints the problem gets solved.

What might be the problem?

Our setup is 3 computers.

1) PSX server and instructor with AS16 weather
2) P3D view and 1 add. screen with PSX
3) PSX boost server + PSX.Net.P3D.ExternalSim

Thanks.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

this problem is unknown to me. I assume your system worked before?

Essential questions:

What did you change in your entire computer system?

What PSX version?

What's in Aerowinx/Logs/errors.txt?

Does it work if other situ files with long routes are loaded?

Do you load a special route file?

Regards,

|-|ardy

siliconbase

Hi,

we changed one computer and moved from P3D v2 + visualpsx to P3D v4.4 PSX.Net.ExternalSim.

PSX version: 10.72

errors file and the problematic situation file is on the following link: http://www.siliconbase.com/ftp/aerowinx.zip

and no we do not use a special route file. The route is entered using the FMC.

Thanks,
Bora

Hardy Heinlin

Thanks for the info.

Some notes:

1. The errors in the log file are local (non-fatal) network problems and probably not related to the route.

2. When you say, "the route is entered using the FMC", do you mean entered manually "leg by leg" or by entering a company route identifer on the first RTE page? The latter may refer to a special route file too.

3. The situ file has been saved with PSX 10.68. Are you sure you're using 10.72?

4. There was a bug in 10.61 (already fixed by 10.70) which caused a freezing problem; I guess you experienced the same when you were using 10.68. The root of the cause was related to a missing altitude constraint; the amount of pages was irrelevant but it may look as if that was the cause. But it's just coincidence probably.

Anyway, I can load your situ file and the included route without problems. I'm using Version 10.73.

Please try the latest PSX version.

Thanks, and sorry!

|-|ardy

siliconbase

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Fri, 22 Mar 2019 15:04
Thanks for the info.

Some notes:

1. The errors in the log file are local (non-fatal) network problems and probably not related to the route.

2. When you say, "the route is entered using the FMC", do you mean entered manually "leg by leg" or by entering a company route identifer on the first RTE page? The latter may refer to a special route file too.

3. The situ file has been saved with PSX 10.68. Are you sure you're using 10.72?

4. There was a bug in 10.61 (already fixed by 10.70) which caused a freezing problem; I guess you experienced the same when you were using 10.68. The root of the cause was related to a missing altitude constraint; the amount of pages was irrelevant but it may look as if that was the cause. But it's just coincidence probably.

Anyway, I can load your situ file and the included route without problems. I'm using Version 10.73.

Please try the latest PSX version.

Thanks, and sorry!

|-|ardy

Hi Hardy,

sorry for late reply. We found the issue. It was caused by our software for running on arduino. We changed the compiler version of arduino IDE and all fixed. I don't know what in the compiler was causing the aerowinx server to slow down but it's fixed.

Thanks for your time,
Bora

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Bora,

if you use Arduinos and similar stuff, the "nolong" network command may also be useful:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4819.msg52914#msg52914

Regards,

|-|ardy