News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

"Flying" a 747

Started by Avi, Fri, 8 Mar 2019 20:40

Avi

I guess this is as close as I will ever get "flying" the 747 (I don't know if to add  :) or  :( )

Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Fantastic :-)

I take it you're the driver.

And a nice bus, by the way. Not an air-bus, but a 747!

Was it easy to get that "747" call sign?

Cheerio!

|-|ardy

Avi

Actually it is not my daily bus.

It is an old DAF machine that we received couple months ago who knows why (it wasn't belong to our branch, we have the 737 which I try to avoid).

When I saw it, it was tempting to ask for it but since I drive late at night and do the last bus from Haifa in the north (no one behind me for a rescue in case of...), I ask for a better and newer bus than this one.

However, since my first line is a "domestic" one around Tel Aviv and we have machines problem, I from time to time get for this ride an older bus and on Thu it was "the jumbo" (this is how I call it and no one understand why).

Its number is the only good thing with it and it is not enough.
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

So your company intentionally assigns 7..7 numbers to the busses, or is it just coincidence?

What numbers do the other bus companies use? 310 ... 320 ... 340? :-)

Avi

No, this is just a coincidence (they are both DAFs which ordered at the same time).

The Transport Ministry gave Egged (my company) few series (88-XXX-01 in this case) and Egged "fills" it from 000 to 999 (Egged is the biggest company in Israel with thousands of busses).

The current series is 76-XXX-69 for long distance busses. In Tel Aviv we do have 312 and 319 (although I never thought about it as an Airbus until now) but no 310, 320, 330, 340 or 380 (but I'm sure they exist somewhere).
The latest busses got the numbers of 6XX so the days for new busses of 7XX are not far. If we get another 747, I maybe ask for it (it probably will be a Chinese YUTONG and I don't like them, I prefer the Mercedes OC500).

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

ahaka

Quote from: Avi on Fri,  8 Mar 2019 20:40
I guess this is as close as I will ever get "flying" the 747

So you have not tried Aerowinx PSX?
Antti

Avi

Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Sony "Play Station X", for which you developed a CMC simulator :-)

ahaka

Ah yes, the CMC is a great piece of software I also use it. Waiting for the Nintendo version though. :) (Co-incidentally some aviation buffs used to call Airbuses "Nintendos" over where I live)
Antti

Avi

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon, 11 Mar 2019 03:38

Right, now I remember
Avi Adin
LLBG

Yves

Not a bus, just my car yesterday. Almost missed it.
Flew for one kilometer, no more...
Regards,

Avi

Avi Adin
LLBG

Gilad

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Mon, 11 Mar 2019 03:38

In what part of the country do you work Avi?

Avi

I belong to Tel Aviv. My first ride is "close to home", only to Ramat Gan via Holon and Bne Brak but this only 30km route takes over 2 hours at 4pm. I hope to change it to Afula in 2 weeks.
The next ride is to Haifa late at the evening (the fun part of the day).
Friday, if I work, is to Pardes Hana and Saturday to Tiberias (also fun ride).

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG