News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX & Vatsim

Started by Toga, Mon, 4 Mar 2019 13:11

Toga

Is it yet possible to use PSX natively with Vatsim?

Gary Oliver

Toga,

Not as yet.... However...

We have been doing a bit of work with Ross Carlson and vPilot recently regarding the new voice for VATSIM.

New voice will have a PSX client that can run to have all 3 VHF radios in PSX working, either through a single soundcard or across 3 different ones to support PSX Sim builders who want to use the real ACPs.

I was hoping to persuade Ross to allow a direct connection to PSX for vPilot in the future, either natively or via a plug in.

At the moment we connect vPilot to a P3D instance, then run a PSX.NET.SimObject.Router to sync the traffic to the other 3 P3D instances.  We also run PSX.NET.Vpilot to take vpilot traffic and inject into the PSX TCAS.  Then for vpilot private messages to appear as ACARS messages we run PSX.NET.BACARS.Vpilot on vpilot and run BACARS.

Cheers
G

Cheers
G

Toga

Great work Gary! Cheers!

cavaricooper

Gary-

Reading this with interest.... please ask Mark to consider some sort of login WITHOUT SPAWN... what I mean is a way to establish comms with Ground/Tower and when permitted by the controlling authority, to then "appear" at the designated runway threshold line.  That way one would not interfere with the flow and appear on top of, or immediately in front of an a/c making its way to the active.

Taxying in PSX is imprecise at best, and it would be splendid to minimize it.  It is my hope that simple lighted taxiways will eventually make their way into PSX (along with visually correct approach and landing zone lighting).  Once that occurs, there well may be a case made for solo PSX in full flight sessions.  Obviously if the above mentioned mechanism was instituted, it would negate the taxiway issue.

The eye candy will be missed, but the full sense of inertia and momentum that I get when using PSX solo, has yet to be fully replicated and I wold be glad to have the option.

As ever, I remain obliged.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cagarini

Well,

although I would really like to see lighting systems added, truth is I can perfectly taxi now with Tellurium.

At least the match is perfect, so far not having experienced any misplacement of the aircraft symbol in the Maps and PSX's position when I enter / leave a runway.

I disable Tellurium after takeoff, and re-enable it on approach, just the 90ยบ view ( 2d Map ).