News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2019

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Mon, 25 Feb 2019 03:28

Hardy Heinlin

Good morning all,

the Nav Database Update for the year 2019 (using AIRAC cycle 1903) is now available:

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2019 at Aviation Megastore

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2019 at Hyway Australia

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2019 at Simware Belgium

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2019 at Aerosoft Germany

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2019 at Aerosoft USA

Like the previous updates, this new 2019 update will enable the enhanced weather radar graphics that are available in PSX version 10.0.8 and higher. If you have questions regarding the weather radar, please post them in this thread.

If your last nav database is older than three years and you are used to the name "Navtech": Our database provider is still the same, but they are now part of the Airbus Group and they've changed their name to "Navblue".

Please note:
Precision Simulator has been, and will be, used by professional customers like universities, airlines etc. For this reason, Navigraph and Aerosoft cannot provide data to PSX; they are not authorized by their suppliers to support professional products with their data, especially not at entertainment mass market prices. It's not a question of whether an individual customer is a professional or not. It's about the product category. Therefore this service here is independent of the entertainment segment, and the plan is to provide a database update to PSX users once per year (using the March cycle) to keep the costs as low as possible.

The database is used by the following components in Precision Simulator:
- Flight Management System
- EGPWS landing-short-of-runway alert (TCF)
- Navaid stations and receivers
- Airport communication radios and receivers
- Voice-ATC and CPDLC simulation
- Voice-ATIS and D-ATIS
- METAR management
- Instructor maps
- Instructor Analysis pages
- Instructor aircraft repositioning tools
- Scenery generator (runways, gates, airport beacons)

System requirement:
Precision Simulator update 10.0.2 or higher: the latest update can be downloaded free of charge.

Database installation:
Don't unzip the downloaded file. Just copy the zip file to the (empty) subfolder Aerowinx/Navigation/-New and restart Precision Simulator. That's all. If you use multiple computers in a local Precision Simulator network, install the file in the same way also on those computers. With one purchased download you are allowed to use up to four database copies within your local network.

Check your new AIRAC cycle number in Precision Simulator:
When the new database is installed, please go to the About/Quit page on the Instructor screen and check that this remark is included: "
Navigation data by Navblue (cycle 1903)". -- Please ignore the cycle dates indicated on the FMC IDENT page. Those are simulated cycle dates and vary with the simulated time of the year; they are intended for FMS training only and don't refer to the physically installed cycle.

Thank you for your interest!

Regards,

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Danke!

All done, however, in re. the latest manual, do we just re-download from the original post?  The post still reflects the 2017 version so I wasn't sure. 

Thanks as ever, I remain obliged- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Markus Vitzethum

As reliable as a precision watch, we can trust in you to have the annual Navdata update delivered.

Thanks a a lot,
  Markus

andrej

Thanks Hardy!
Downloaded and updated.  ;)

Cheers,
Andrej

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: cavaricooper on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 12:43
All done, however, in re. the latest manual, do we just re-download from the original post?  The post still reflects the 2017 version so I wasn't sure.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "latest manual" and "original post".

The latest manual is from 2017. The example in that manual is, of course, from 2017.
This is just an example as to where the current year is indicated in the simulator.

The new download file for 2019 is called "nav1903.zip".

cavaricooper

HH-

The "new manual" confused me- sorry. As you have discovered over the years, this is not an uncommon phenomenon :).

Allest gut- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cagarini

Updated !

Now looking fwd into the Next Gen :-)

Just for info, the Simware store ( from where I have been purchasing these updates since 3 yrs ) only has the 1903 update available in the French language pages. If we change to English, only 1803 is available.

asboyd

Hiway has it in Oz and all is good....

:)

Thx Hardy and your team.....
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

744kid

Thank you, Hardy. Downloaded and installed.

Everyone should purchase this annual update. For my own leisure use of PSX, I don't absolutely need it but I see this as a way of continuing my support for Hardy's phenomenal customer service and ongoing software development. It's a modest price to pay.

Thank you again Hardy for PSX, your updates, your support and this wonderful online community.

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you for your kind attitude.

Note: My profit from the database sales since the first release varies around zero -- just a few bucks above or below zero from year to year. While the PSX customerbase is slowly increasing, the price I have to pay to the data provider also increases every year (inflation adjustments etc.). All in all, it's nearly impossible to gain any profit.

Regards,

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Hardy-

I was disturbed to read that! I hope that the NG FMC update with Wx corridor fares better. Perhaps that is the way forward? The Nav updates separate from major sim updates so that there can be additional revenue stream yearly. I would not want a few Dollars more interfering with your creative genius and it's output.

It is hard to put into words how precious your 1s and 0s have become to me. I'm sure they are valued on an educational/training level by corporate departments worldwide, but for me it's a visceral, emotional attachment.
(the Trolly Dolly is advocating electric shock therapy, but I insist in telling her all this is perfectly normal) ;)

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hardy Heinlin

Yes, the Nav Database Updates will remain separate.

|-|ardy

vnangli

Once I downloaded the nav1903.zip file to AEROWINX/NAVIGATION/-new and restarted PSX the nav1903.zip was moved to AEROWINX/NAVIGATION/-old folder. I believe this is by intent!!
747 is not an airplane, it is a symbol of inspiration....

Hardy Heinlin

Yes, this is correct.

Your "-old" subfolder is your archive.

Your "-new" subfolder should never contain more than one file. Whenever there is a file in "-new", PSX will install that file. Once it is installed, you need not repeat the installation. That's why PSX automatically moves the installed file to the archive ("-old"), and the now empty "-new" subfolder is ready for the next installation next year.

|-|ardy

Jason M Tutwiler

navigraph still has 2002.  I just purchased the 2003 nav db update for psx and will update the rest of my stuff to 2003 with navigraph when available, then backup the database(s) and, I almost want to cancel Navigraph.  But, navigraph does have some really nice charts.  It's probably worth the 10 bucks a month due to the charts.
Jason M. Tutwiler

dailo

I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you can kindly help me out.

I have just purchased your software 10.0 with the next generation FMC along with the new nav database on my MacBook.

I have managed to update aerowinx to 10.105 along with installing the next generation FMC.

However, when I move the new Navigation folder into /navigation/-new/
and restart aerowinx it still says its running 1403 database, rather than 1903.

After shutting down the program. I've noticed the folder navigation is still in /navigation/-new/
and has not moved to navigation/-old.

Do you have any advice for me please?

Thank you.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: dailo on Fri,  8 May 2020 10:52
However, when I move the new Navigation folder into /navigation/-new/

You shouldn't move any folder.

You should move a zip file to Aerowinx/Navigation/-New.

The name of this zip file should be nav2003.zip

Don't unzip it.

Thank you,

|-|ardy

cagarini

Oops, Hardy was faster... Thought he was still asleep... :-)

@dailo,

pleae make sure you copy the ".zip", and not what's inside of it, into the "-New" folder.

PSX will take care of the rest.

OTOH, if you pick a situation associated with a date somewhere in 2014, you will get the 1403 database in the FMC.

dailo

Dear Hardy and Jcomm,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What was happening was when I clicked on the download from my purchases it automatically unzipped the file to a navigation folder. I had to download using save as from the link to get a zip file.

Once again thank you for your help and great software thank you for developing it.

Cheers

cagarini

@dailo,

take your time to define the USB controls. It is particularly useful to profit from the "deadzone" / "Center Tolerance"  detection for pitch, roll and yaw channels.

There is also a nice "trick" suggested by Hardy regarding the configuration of the toe brakes if you're using them with a set of rudder pedals.

I strongly suggest that you give a look into:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4805.0

and here for the toe brakes:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=5710.0