News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim - difficulties to install

Started by Robert Staudinger, Wed, 30 Jan 2019 13:27

Robert Staudinger

PSX works perfect (Thanks to Hardy) and after about 20 years with MSFS as outsideview I try to change to P3D. Installing with this fine instructions was simple, everything looked o.k., but didn't work.

PSX-PC:      Win7 64bit, Java 1.8.0_201, PSX 10.58 as Boost, P3D ExternalSimRouter + Configurator

Sim(P3D)-PC:    Win10 64bit, Java 1.8.0_201, PSX 10.58 as Client, Prepare3D v4.4 Academic,
      Boeing_747-400_Mega_Package_FSX_&_P3D,  PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.v4 + Configurator

After browsing to my aircraft.cfg with the ExternalSim Configurator it is not possible to save. The XML-input works correct, see below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <SettingsVersion>1</SettingsVersion>
  <RouterSubAddress>tcp://192.168.178.38:10760</RouterSubAddress>
  <FeedbackPubAddress>tcp://192.168.178.38:10761</FeedbackPubAddress>
  <DebugPubBind />
  <DebugLogToFile>false</DebugLogToFile>
</Settings>

When starting the configurator a 2nd time my aircraft is lost, XML still shown.

Maybe somebody is able to help, Robert.

cavaricooper

Robert-

Perhaps this will point in the right direction....

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=3629.520

Quote from: cavaricooper on Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:18
As an aid to myself, being fairly addled, I have written these step-by-step instructions after Mark's patient ministrations.... hopefully this helps.... 

DELETE ALL PRIOR VERSIONS OF EXTERNALSIM- IF YOU ARE NETWORKED- CHECK EACH COMPUTER!

- Use Control Panel to delete ALL prior versions of ExternalSim.
- Manually ensure the ExternalSim program folder is deleted.
- Manually ensure that the 2 files in the Public Documents folder are deleted.
- Manually ensure that the .dll in your chosen ExternalSim aircraft are deleted.
- If you get any warnings when installing the NEW versions... go back to CP and RECHECK... something is lurking...

Download and unzip the latest ExternalSim version from Dropbox.

ON THE Prepar3D Computer-

CHOOSE WHICH VERSION YOU ARE INSTALLING AND COPY TO AND

- Run PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Installer.v3.msi OR Run PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Installer.v4.msi- NOT BOTH
- Then COPY TO AND RUN PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Configuration.Installer.msi
- Go to Start and run the P3D ExternalSim Configuration Program
- CAREFULLY SELECT THE SPECIFIC P3D 744 you want to use and CHOOSE THE aircraft.cfg
- TICK THE BOX for External Sim Enabled

- Open the dialogue box- Open ExternalSim.xml

There- ONLY IF NEEDED (i.e. PSX Boost is on another computer) change the
  <RouterSubAddress> tcp://       and
  <FeedbackPubAddress> tcp://
  from default (same computer) to the correct IP of the chosen ROUTER COMPUTER

- SAVE and then close the P3D ExternalSim Configuration Program with the Red X box

ON THE PSX Boost Server Computer-

- COPY TO AND Run PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router.Installer
- Then COPY TO AND RUN PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Configuration.Installer.msi

-THERE OUGHT TO BE NO CHANGES HERE AS THIS IS THE COMPUTER WITH THE PSX BOOST SERVER AND THE    ROUTER, but VERIFY the paths in the XML by selecting the Dialogue Box.
- SAVE and then close the P3D ExternalSim Configuration Program with the Red X box
- IF YOU NEED TO ADJUST THE MODEL'S HEIGHT ABOVE GROUND make changes to the 4.4 value in the
  <MinWeightModelOffsetM> I did not have to change this... but if you go the wrong way, just CLOSE, EDIT and       RESTART the ROUTER- no need to bother PSX or P3D.

TO RUN

- Start PSX Boost Server & select your SITU
- Start ALL Clients
- Start ALL PSX Ecosystem Support- AS14+ASCA, PSX.NET, BAACARS, PSXAloft- everything except PSXonMCP2 which must be started after P3D so as to override LINDA
- Start P3D ExternalSim Router (on the same machine as the PSX Boost Server)
- Start P3D
- Select the P3D ExternalSim aircraft- DO NOT CHANGE AIRPORT/TIME etc.
- Select FLY
- WAIT... there are usually 2 P3D loads and it all takes a bit of time... however, once sorted it's fabulous!

- NOW CONTROL EVERYTHING THROUGH PSX- Time, ZFW, Fuel, Etc.- YOU ARE MOVING A CAMERA THROUGH THE P3D WORLD- THAT'S IT.

PLEASE NOTE- ALL OF THIS is already in Mark's carefully created document. 
Being a Git... I made a ready reference for myself... hopefully it is useful to others as well, and not just extraneous.

Best- C

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Robert Staudinger

Hello Carl,

install was exactly followed your instruction.

Robert

cavaricooper

Robert-

In that case, perhaps Mark or Gary will stop by soon. I don't know where I might have led you astray... but they will soon put it right. Once they do, perhaps let me know so I can update the instructions?

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Robert Staudinger

Hello Carl,

your instructions are o.k., they correspond with the included instructions from Mark.

Thanks, Robert

Robert Staudinger

DISREGARD - DISREGARD

After deleting Boeing_747-400_Mega_Package_FSX_&_P3D and installing PSX_747 everything is works flawless. Many thanks to Carl for the links and to Mark and/or Gary for ExternalSim. Next is to establish connection to VATSIM, hope I get it running. But I know there are always kind people around to help.

Robert

cavaricooper

Robert-

Glad it works!

Use vPilot in networked mode- good documentation available for that at http://vpilot.metacraft.com

Let us know how you get on!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Mark

Good to hear you got it going!

All:
When it's obvious (as it is in this case) that someone has made a very decent attempt to try get things working but have been unable, Gary and I are more than happy to Teamviewer (i.e. remote support/control) into people's PCs to take a look. In many instances, it is a firewall, XML configuration or model issue.

Robert Staudinger

Hello Carl,

installing vPilot was no problem, transmitting by voice and text, I used it with FSX already.
The only disturbance is an errormessage which repeats all 5 seconds and I can't get rid off.

< Failed to create aircraft KLM14E using default model "Boeing 747-400 British Airways". You must set a valid default model or you will keep getting this erreor! Read the vPilot model matching docmentation for details. >

I studied the documentation, but found no solution.

Need help again, as feared in my last post.

Robert

P.S.: Mark, your ExternalSimRouter and ExternalSim are great, thank you.

Robert Staudinger

Hello,

I have another question: Is there a way to inject PSX weather to Prepar3D ?

Robert

cavaricooper

Robert-

You are missing that (and probably other) aircraft for vPilot to show. You will need one of the freeware or payware AI packages... Ultimate Traffic, WoAI etc. Google is your friend. No need for the AI traffic- but YOU DO NEED the models.

At the moment there is no way to inject PSX Wx into P3D. If BOTH are using NOAA as source- there is usually no issue.

Hardy is working on route corridor METAR based Wx which may eventually offer more options or match what's on the ND and out the window even better!

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

Gents,

For those of you looking for AI traffic, there is now a freeware package from VATSIM called FLAI.

It is absolutely brilliant.

http://flai.bvartcc.com/

Good instructions attached for setting up model rules which will stop your 'red beepy errors' on vPilot.

Cheers
G

Robert Staudinger

Hello Gary!

Yesterday I found this freeware also and your message convinced me to install it. Works pefect and the "peeping monster" is gone.
What a pity I'm not able to change the liveries of my Opensky 747, at least a different registration number would be necessary.

Cheers Robert

Gary Oliver

Robert,

There's nothing stopping you copying a new livery in to the open skies 744.

Also the FLAI models can be used for your aircraft too if the livery you want is in that :)

Cheers
Gary

Robert Staudinger

Gary,

P3D doesn't recognize my changed files. This is far above my knowledge.

Neverless thanks,
Robert

Robert Staudinger

Robert Staudinger

After watching some helpful YouTube movies and learning by doing my troubles with liveries are settled.

I'm "prepared" now and sim-flying starts again.

Robert