News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Spam handling

Started by mould8, Sat, 20 Jun 2009 03:16

mould8

Plastic mold Manufacturers  

(rest deleted by Hoppie)

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

We need a process to handle this, including removing the fake registered users.

Shiv Mathur

Are we back to "what is the sum of three and four" ?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I don't know what built-in features this software has, like the Captchas. But the issue isn't that we need to block out robots. Not any longer.

Whole industries exist of individual real human people who are paid 1ct per successful spam posting. These people are difficult to stop. Usually they first register an account, and then come back days later to post spam. And again later if the account has not been deleted.

Manual patrolling of the Forum against spammers and trolls seems to be the only option, but for this we need a bit more options than to just delete the posting (which I can do already). Hardy: can we moderators also delete user accounts, or shall I just mail you the name and you as admin do it?

Hardy Heinlin

Thanks. No, you don't need to mail me, I'm checking the forum every few hours when I'm at work anyway. – Since we two have mostly different working times, the forum is checked almost 24 hours. It couldn't be better :-)

|-|

P.S.: Yes, in the registration page there are random questions like: "How much is 2 plus 2?".

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Ok, I will then throw away spam, leaving the original header replaced by SPAM and a near-empty body, and leave it to you to delete/block the account.