News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Show me your sim

Started by Egyptair687, Mon, 28 Jan 2019 16:10

Egyptair687

Dear simmers,

what you think about sharing pics of your sim ,optionally with a small description ?!

Maybe someone will find a solution or get an idea by seeing other sims and what is possible with
small effort or see some hardware, that may be interesting ?!

https://imgur.com/DB2jrmj

easy setup with 3 monitors on one graphic card, saitek control and thrust lever from flightsim pm

Ahmed

Gary Oliver

Ahmed,

Hats off to you with running the monitor Portrait!  That works really well!

Cheers
Gary

Egyptair687

Gary,

thank you.
This is my intention of posting pictures of the sim, I am highly interested to see, what fellow simmers have set up to fly PSX and maybe to adapt some ideas or to see some hardware, which could be interesting.
Meanwhile I have changed the visual to P3D V4 with externalsim, a great combination and smooth even on one pc.

Greetings
Ahmed

Steve Hose

Hi all, here's my big rig, parked at gate 35 YSSY. Forgive the poor iPhone photography...

Regards, Steve.

ahaka

Very nice setups guys!

Steve, what did you use to attach the overhead monitor like that? I've been looking for a neat and reliable solution, but have not found any yet.

Antti

Egyptair687

Nice setup Steve.

Regarding the throttle: Is this the throttletek version ? Are you happy with it ?
You are using touch screens ?! Can you recommend this ?

Greetings
Ahmed

Britjet

Here's mine. 180-degree projection and ACER touchscreens throughout, which work brilliantly. It's a Throttletek unit. I can't recommend it unless as an example of how not to build a throttle unit. Certainly nowhere near worth the money - but it does look the part...
Peter.

Steve Hose

Thanks guys,

Quote from: ahaka on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:51
Steve, what did you use to attach the overhead monitor like that? I've been looking for a neat and reliable solution, but have not found any yet.

Hi ahaka, I just bolted together some old monitor stands that clamp behind the main panels, together with a spring-loaded arm that reaches far enough over the main panel to mount the screen to. It was a bit of a balancing act given the weight of these monitors, but it's withstood the test of time and a 2 year old, so works for me.

Quote from: Egyptair687 on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:25
Regarding the throttle: Is this the throttletek version ? Are you happy with it ?
You are using touch screens ?! Can you recommend this ?

Hi Ahmed, yes this is the Throttletek TQ. I purchased this a couple  of years ago. It is reasonably well-constructed, although there are canvas flaps that protect the grooves for each throttle that have worn a bit ragged. They are easy to set up via USB, however they aren't motorised but this doesn't concern me at all for home use. They work quite nicely in the sim.

Yes, the panels are all 27" touch screens (except the CDUs which is a 17 inch 4:3 touch screen. I thoroughly recommend these for PSX, Hardy has done an amazing job with the PSX user interface to ensure it works well with touchscreens.

I believe I have the same Acer touchscreens that Peter (Britjet) uses in his set up.

If you're not necessarily obsessed with building a 1:1 cockpit replica, using touchscreens with some ingenuity is a testament to the scalability and versatility of PSX, and for home use is certainly a much cheaper way to go for a great result.

Regards, Steve.

Egyptair687

Steve,
thank you. I am going to get a touchscreen and try it. Of course, the 24" displays, I have right now, are brand new : - D
My throttle is a saitek based throttle, works quite good, but of course not a heavy feeling .

Peter,
really great setup ! You use the cpflight combo for the efis/mcp ? Looks great and I can imagine a great difference to the mouse usage

Ahmed

Britjet

Ahmed,
The MCP and EFIS are Flight Deck Solutions units.
I think that having a few tactile knobs and buttons makes a big difference, although I was very happy with the touchscreen alternative before I fitted them.
The centre panel can be a problem with a touchscreen - a 27" is too wide and I found a 24" gave the wrong resolution to make things fit nicely with the pilot and co-pilot sides.
My centre panel is in fact a 27" in portrait mode, with a lower portion obscured.
I preferred to make the scale 1:1 which in my case meant that I have to lose the outer portions - such as the lighting knobs outboard of the EFIS, but they can be recalled by a layout change which I have mapped to the control column interphone switch.
Peter

Chris Kilroy

Here's mine. Mostly FDS parts. Definitely not as authentic as the OEM stuff but it gets the job done and is remarkably reliable all things considered.

Egyptair687

Chris,

that's what every simmer is dreaming of.
Great sim :)
Greetings from Germany,
Ahmed

Roddez

It's not mine, but over the next two weeks it will be transformed into an awesome sim.

Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Egyptair687

discovered yesterday... just if someone is interested ( I am not the seller nor I know him/her !)

747 mcp
fmc
ovhd panels

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Boeing-747-Cockpit-Instruments/132843435509?hash=item1eee15f5f5:g:UHwAAOSwtmNb3e~k:rk:3:pf:0

Ahmed

RogerH

Just starting out but I thought I'd show you all:

It'll be a Captain's-side-only single-seat sim. Currently showing X Plane 11 on 3 monitors, but hoping for at least one projector before long.

As in other posts, I taped tracing paper to my screens, adjusted PSX so it was 1:1 scale on the screens, then traced the outlines.

When I come to cut the orifices in the MIP I'll tidy up and standardise the measurements, but I'm hoping I'll get a good match.

Cheers all - dreaming of a setup like those shown above!

Roger.