News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

interface opencokpits cads

Started by noo, Mon, 10 Dec 2018 15:20

noo

Hello,

how to interfaced, with potentiometer or encoder , PFD, ND, UPPER and LOWER EICAS?

Thank you for your reponse

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

You mean the rotaries to control those panels? Or just the brightness?

You need some kind of rotary to digital interface card, and then software that converts the digital number to the correct PSX variable for network injection. PSX was built to support exactly this kind of hardware.

There are some good solutions out there, some cheap, others not. In all cases it is a lot of work, especially if you do not buy the ready made panels.

Hoppie

noo

asboyd

Have you had a look at PSXseecon by Nico?
It is a mid-ware package that converts SIOC to PSX....

By the way SIOC 6 is now available. If you search you will find it on this forum as I have it available via my dropbox.

Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

noo

Which variable to use, because with Qh89 (1089) the rotary switch in PSX remains blocked.

asboyd

QH89 uses an analog potentiometer input.
Given the limited number of analog inputs on a single I/O card I would recommend you use an the actual screen control to adjust the brightness, of course this will affect any display you have on the LCD monitor you are using, but at least you will have control.
For backlighting or any other lighting, I am using LED strips/LED's via a dimmer located where the light control would be on a real aircraft. In other words I do not use opencockpits or PSX to control the backlighting or flood/spot lights.... If you are not using PSX to provide panel displays then this is the way to go. I only use PSX to display the PFD, ND, standby inst, CDU's, etc.... All panels are hardware.
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia