News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Situation File Sharing

Started by 18hazelwood, Mon, 12 Nov 2018 15:13

18hazelwood

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if users share Situation Files? for diffrent senarios/flight setups etc etc...

Just a question I thought I would put out there ...

Kind Regards
Hazelwood

United744

Use code tags, and post the complete contents of the .situ file.

Gary Oliver

Hazelwood,

I must admit somewhere on my todo list was to recreate Hoppies Flightline that allowed you to share situations and 'check out' aircraft from the fleet, fly them somewhere and 'check in' the situation for someone else to pick up.

Sounded like fun, unless theres someone more webby than me who wants to give it a go?

Cheers
G

GodAtum

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:11
Hazelwood,

I must admit somewhere on my todo list was to recreate Hoppies Flightline that allowed you to share situations and 'check out' aircraft from the fleet, fly them somewhere and 'check in' the situation for someone else to pick up.

Sounded like fun, unless theres someone more webby than me who wants to give it a go?

Cheers
G

I was thinking about setting up a very simple file sharing service in something like Git as I have free cloud storage, but I am no developer :)

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Flightline was a bit more involved than Git. It did not only serve as a checkin-checkout facility, where you could board an aircraft and fly it elsewhere and check it back in (so no multiple checkouts), but it also performed maintenance tasks while being checked in. Like topping up oil, fixing broken parts, and other items.

There are two parts to a re-implementation:

* The maintenance bit. Can be done by a script so we can debug it offline using a set of .situ files for testing.
* The web site bit with checkin-checkout, file upload and download, and some form of administration.

Also, Flightline did not have a manual full of this kind of stuff:

git-command-tip [ --fix-graduate-subtree | --collaborate-hit-subtree | --lecture-index ]

git-command-tip commands the non-fscked upstream tips before all removed upstream files, and the archive to be fast-exported can be provided in several ways.

When REDUCE_COMMIT is not rev-parsed, <localremote> is grepped to fast-export the submodule of some commits next to the base, as any exporting of an area that fast-imports a subtree soon after can be imported with git-hurl-change. The same set of subtrees would be cherry-picked in an automatic log, but any resetting of a tip that fast-imports an archive immediately after can be initialized with git-direct-area. FOUND_NEW_AREA is format-patched to clean the upstream of the remotes from the path, but after cloning origins to many refs, you can blame the history of the remotes.

If git-expand-base adds a change, a few archived tips are reflogged to <approach-upstream> by git-flip-head, and it is in all cases a possibility that a described error will prevent staged reapplying of a few reset submodules. Whenever git-prioritize-branch shows a subtree, any patched archives that were formerly pulled before the automatic objects are reverted to an automatic change.

Provided that <newfile> is not rebased, to perform a temporary <newtag> and/or add the working branches, use the command git-ride-stash --repair-tree. Provided that git-park-log names a stage, various sent refs that were previously failed next to the temporary stashes are diffed to a temporary stage.

18hazelwood

Thanks for your thoughts gents,

I am relatively new and an occastional user with work commitments to PSX and don't fully understand the sharing logic etc, but thought I would ask. Thank you all for your replys.

On another note ...
I see PMDG are creating "PMDG Global Flight Operations", I think you pick up a plane in its current state from where it was left, fly it to a destination and leave the aircraft there for another user to jump in, in the aircraft state it was left in .... sounds quite cool!

Could this work for PSX?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Yes it could, that's exactly what FlightLine was, 20 years ago...   :-)

Will

My God, FlightLine was 20 years ago... Time certainly flies.
Will /Chicago /USA