News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Nav database update

Started by Icarus747, Fri, 2 Nov 2018 02:27

Icarus747

It happened again!  For the THIRD time now, I have purchased the NAV update and it does not include the VOR 13 L/R approach into KJFK... known as the Canarsie approach.  Nor does it allow you to select runway 31L on the Kennedy departure, so you can't do the Canarsie climb.  I know this is NOT your fault Hardy, but perhaps you could put me in contact with someone from NAVBLUE?  If pro's all over the world are using their database I find it odd the procedures above are not in it.  Anybody have any thoughts?  Yes, I can build them, but it's a colossal waste of time.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

Hardy Heinlin

I'll ask them. But whatever the result will be, it won't change before the next nav update in March 2019.

Can you tell me the official identifiers of the missing SIDs/STARs/approaches at KJFK?

Icarus747

VOR or GPS 13L/R, and for whatever reason the box won't let you take the KENNEDY 4 (JFK4.JFK) if using runways 31L or R.  So you can't utilize the Idlewild, Breezy Point or Canarsie climb.

They may have a reason.

Good luck, and thank you! 
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

Hardy Heinlin

Just got a reply from Navblue. (Mailed them yesterday.)

VOR (or GPS) approaches KJFK runway 13L/R have now been added to cycle 1902 -- as tailored procedures. Visual procedures are only added as tailored upon request. And it looks like my inquiry has been considered a request :-)  Whether this addition now affects just my database package or the packages of all their customers -- I don't know.

I guess this rule has been introduced when Navblue took over Navtech.

|-|ardy