News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New Rudder Pedals

Started by emerydc8, Thu, 11 Oct 2018 05:47

emerydc8

2.95" wouldn't be much better than what I have now. Plus, having to deal with the feedback system that's not tested on PSX would be way over my head. I'm glad I inquired.
Jon

cavaricooper

Jon-

FWIW I too use the PFC pedals. Started out Cirrus, upgraded to Jet Buckets, then upgraded again to Boeing. Now, I'm back to Cirrus as it's smaller size gives me the most (perceived) rudder travel and the easiest brake application in sim.

There are others as you have found, none better though, IMHO.

Hope you're well!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

emerydc8

You may be right. I will have to get an email out to Northernflightsim. I'll also try to clarify the throw on the Brunner pedals to see if maybe it was a typo.

Jon

cavaricooper

FWIW I have heard nothing but good things about Art at NorthernFlightSim.. do let us know what you find out.  For my mix- 744 one day and an Annuschka the next, my Cirrus pedals do nicely.  For a dedicated 744 sim they do have their shortcomings...

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

andrej

Guys, not sure if this has been already discussed, but FDS offers replica (highly engineered) rudder pedals.
Will this not be a good solution (albeit, not sure about the price).w

https://flightdeck-solutions.myshopify.com/collections/b747/products/b747-pro-mx-series-rudder-pedals

Cheers,
Andrej

emerydc8

Thanks. Unless they've changed it since, as of a few years ago, this was the throw on the FDS rudder pedals.

Pedal Travel: +-2.6875" from neutral (5.375" total)

andrej

I have not realized that they are not replicating fully pedal travel. As what you have stated previously, it is quite important.

I will inquire later this week and I will advise.

Cheers,
Andrej