News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

A new PC for PSX and Scenery

Started by Adrian FW, Wed, 3 Oct 2018 18:14

Adrian FW

Hi,

I'm looking to invest in to single PC for PSX and a scenery generator.  I've not had an additional external view for a number of years.  I stopped using it as it as the challenges and complexities at that time detracted from my PSX experience. I'm ready to take the plunge again now.

I'm looking for advice on what specification PC to buy.  What speed of processor would you recommend?  I'd like my set-up to have two 19" screens so a dual graphics card is a necessary.  What model graphics card do you use?

The PC will also have to serve as a general admin and a photograph processing engine too  but I want to size and scale it for a robust PSX/Scenery platform.  It does need to be a single PC due to location limitations.  I haven't decided  what scenery generator to use and would prefer at this time to keep my option open.

I'd very much welcome any advice and guidance.

Thanks,
Adrian

Toutfou68

Hi Adrian,
i am in the same position, for the time i run PSX on a iMac with 3 screens (2x27 and 1x32), only for PSX is a very good combination, but i don't be able to use a genrery simulator on the mac, so im looking forward to install a pc with a other screen. I hope some guys on the forum will have a good answer for our issue.

Thanks and apologize my bad english

Great from France

Eric

TCASSE

Hi All,
I suggest you to use Xplane 10 or 11 with PSX because Xplane allows to use the mutlimonitor easily without using mega ressourses (in comparaison with FSX). All video cards offers 2 or 3 (even more) display ports.
With a I5 (better with an I7 processor), you could have PSX with 2 screens and about 20 fps/s.

Best Regards,

Thierry

anthony500

Hi ,
I'm back at psx as well and recently tried it with Xview + X-plane 11.25.
I run both applications on one pc and one 32 inch screen at 2,5 K.
On x-plane i have quite high settings ( 4x ssaa+fxaa ; world objects high) and get around 100fps at Lsgg and around that airport. (Visibility was set in psx at about 5000m though )
My pc is the cpu i7 8700k (pushed to 4.8 ghz) + gtx 1070 gpu
Very pleased with the results.
Next upgrade would be a 4K big tv.
Anthony

Adrian FW

Thanks all.  Anthony - an 8GB GTX 1070?  And all on one screen?  I'd love to see a screen shot if you could post one.  I appreciate your input.

Many thanks,
Adrian