News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX in Linux anyone?

Started by vatin, Mon, 17 Sep 2018 11:10

vatin

Hi,

Has anyone attemped running PSX in Linux sucessfully? I've tried but encountered problems such as the installer didn't function, and in another occasion the program installed fine, but I get only single digit FPS, despite my other games requiring 3d accerleration runs fine. Now I'm on macOS and the program works perfectly.

Vatin

#java -jar installer.jar.

The install went perfectly. After that I promptly launched the simulator with

#java -jar AerowinxStart.jar

The sim loaded perfectly and ran at an excellent 60 FPS.

Pierre Theillere

Hi Vatin,

I'm using PSx (on an ASUS eeePC900 NetBook, for center console display, and also overhead panel, mostly) under Mandriva and it runs fully fine. The trick was to use the official Java by Oracle, and not the OpenJDK, to get rather smooth results.

Pierre, LFPG

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I've not yet run PSX on Linux, but in case of trouble I would suggest to see what happens if you reduce the graphical work to the absolute minimum. Linux is known to be an excellent performer for nongraphical tasks, and half the world runs Java production systems on Linux, so there should be no problem with the base simulator. Finding the single hot spot problem is probably the trick; fixing it then trivial.

Hoppie