News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

LEGS page design: Discontinuity boxes required after VECTORS?

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Sat, 18 Aug 2018 19:39

Hardy Heinlin

Good evening,

as we all know, when a procedure is selected on the DEP/ARR pages, and this procedure's first or last fix is not identical to the respective adjacent fix in the existing route, the FMC will insert a discontinuity with boxes [][][][][].

What if the selected procedure ends with VECTORS? Will the FMC insert boxes [][][][][] as well? VECTORS by itself is already a discontinuity anyway; the FMC won't autosequence to the next waypoint.

This detail doesn't seem to be documented in the manuals.

Please note: This question only refers to the case when a selection is made on the DEP/ARR page.
There are other cases where no boxes are displayed after VECTORS; this is not the question.

Regards,

|-|ardy

emerydc8

Hi Hardy,

This is a video I did between KMSP and KDTW a few days ago. The arrival was the POLAR6 with the BAE transition. Does this help answer what you were asking (00:37)? NUJNT is the CF for RW22R. The STAR says to expect radar vectors after SCUBI. Jon

https://youtu.be/QOxQKN9LWq4

Mariano

Hardy,

Today, I selected an arrival (via the DEPARR page) which ended in vectors. The FMC did not insert any boxes between the end of the arrival and the first fix on the approach (767 Pegasus, though).

Hope this helps.

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

emerydc8

Thanks, Hardy. And thanks for all the recent changes you've made. I'm sure that was a lot of work for you.
Jon

Mariano

Indeed, extensive and impressive amount of work; thank you.

Best regards,

Mariano