News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSXInterfaceIT

Started by emerydc8, Sat, 11 Aug 2018 05:06

emerydc8

I'm having some trouble with PSXInterfaceIT, trying to set up an overhead I recently bought. I'm using the latest version of the software with a SYS1 card, but this issue is also happening on the previous (2014?) version. I have been able to configure the inputs and outputs down to the hydraulics on the overhead, but when I accidentally try to assign an input or output that has already been assigned (it's easy to do when you're not sure if it took the first time), I get a Microsoft.net Framework pop-up about an unresolved exception.

At that point, I can't continue because if I do, it takes me to a new (additional) input/output page but it doesn't see any of my SYS boards and it shows no prior assignments, so I can't really continue. If I try to "quit," it won't allow me and I have to basically restart my computer because not even the task manager allows me to close out the program.

Initially (for about the first five attempts), I was able to start from a clean slate by uninstalling the program completely and re-installing; but now, even when I reinstall, it gives me the pop-up message and I can't go any further. I copied and pasted the message I'm getting below. Any thoughts on this?

I'm using Windows 7 Pro with a 64-bit system (i7 4790). I noticed the message below makes a lot of reference to 32-bit. Is anyone running this program on a 64-bit system with Windows Pro? Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.
Cheers,
Jon

--------------------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeExceptiont: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at PSXInterfaceIT.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at MetroFramework.Forms.MetroForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at MetroFramework.Forms.MetroForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PSXInterfaceIT
    Assembly Version: 1.0.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Desktop/New%20PSX%20Interface%20IT%20Ver%2043/PSXInterfaceIT_V0.43/PSXInterfaceIT.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
MetroFramework
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.3
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.3
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Desktop/New%20PSX%20Interface%20IT%20Ver%2043/PSXInterfaceIT_V0.43/MetroFramework.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Greg Hateley

I have had this issue before almost trying to do the same thing.
Firstly I recommend taking a copy of the xml file before changes.
To fix this try scrolling through the InterfaceIT xml file with an xml editor to find the offending double entry.
Hope that helps. Greg

emerydc8

Thanks, Greg. I'll give this a try. What's strange is that it still give me the Microsoft.Net Framework pop-up even after I remove the program and start from a clean slate. Maybe there's a file that's hiding somewhere I can't find.

[EDIT]
I can't find any xml files in the folder. Do I need a special program/editor to read them, other than Notepad? Maybe I strayed too far into deep water thinking I could configure this overhead.

Greg Hateley

I just had a look and its a txt file not xml.
Sorry Jon for the miss information.

You should see a file called inputs.txt and outputs.txt in the IterfaceIt folder under the C drive.
I suggest you copy off thoes files as a backup and then you can edit them with notepad.
At worst delete them and start all over again but hope you don't have to do that.

emerydc8

I've tried that already. When I reinstall the program those txt files have nothing in them, but I still get the framework pop-up. I even tried dragging the saved input and output files into the folder but I get the same result.

Is there any other software that will allow me to connect the FDS SYS boards to PSX or would I have to get different boards? 

Gary Oliver

Jon,

Very odd... I have not seen that before if there are no input/output files.

Are you 100% the folders are empty?

I could team viewer in and have a look if you want?

G

emerydc8

Hi Gary and thanks for the reply. After I install the program from a clean slate, the output.txt and inputs.txt files are there, but they don't have anything in them (no assignments) and I'm still getting the Netframe popup. I can drag and drop the input/output txt files from a previous attempt to configure some of the switches but I still get the pop-up. I would welcome any help you can give me on this as I am at a complete standstill. Thanks. Jon. azemb@aol.com