News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

New aircraft model files for PSX

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Wed, 8 Aug 2018 16:50

Hardy Heinlin

Good evening all,

Stephen Bell, the kind soul, has thoroughly researched numerous airline specific manuals, documents, photos, videos, and created an extended and updated model collection for us to download.

The package is huge. It now includes 320 aircraft from 38 airlines!

www *

Installation:
1. Make a backup of the old files in your Aerowinx/Models folder
2. Delete the old files in your Aerowinx/Models folder
3. Open the downloaded zip file and copy its included model files to Aerowinx/Models

Thank you, Steve!

Regards,

|-|ardy

* New link: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4820.0

kamro_

Very impressive!
Thank you Steve!

Mariano

THANK YOU, Steve.

Best regards,

Mariano

mokeiko

Thank you Steve

fly safe

francisco
Francisco Blas

brian747

Many thanks for sharing this enormous amount of work with the community, Steve!

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Walter Kranl

cagarini

Roddez

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Wed,  8 Aug 2018 16:50
Stephen Bell, the kind soul...

First time I have ever heard Steve, the former Commando, referred to as a Kind Soul...  ;D ;D ;D
Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Hardy Heinlin

Hope this expression didn't hurt him ... :-)

emerydc8

Is that half of his "CC" callsign?

G-CIVA

Quote from: emerydc8 on Sun, 12 Aug 2018 05:17
Is that half of his "CC" callsign?

It is, I'll leave it up to your imagination to think of the other word.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

emerydc8

You Ausies have a sense of humor :)

Swiso

sigukr

VolleyballCALVA

Thank you Steve!
Very impressive.

Aonang

Thanks Steve,

I have just downloaded the file it must have not only taken a lot of time to compile but also a lot of patience, thanks very much!

Mike

G-CIVA

Mike,

Glad you like it.

I am considering adding this library to my PFPX Files available for download via Dropbox.  By doing this it becomes more of a 'living library' - I will be able to remove aircraft from fleets as they are withdrawn from service.

I would, however, retain a historic folder where all the aircraft that are retired are retained as 'historic airframes' for PSX aficionados to add to their personal PSX fleets.

I would welcome thoughts on this.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Aonang

A good idea Steve, I am sure that such would be of some value to us all.

On that note I notice that you have a file on VH-OJU, would that be any different to VH-OJA?

The reason that I ask is that having visited the excellent HARS museum in Wollongong on a recent visit to Australia I have been inspired once more to replicate the historic OJA flight from London to Sydney.
I flew the flight shortly after I bought PSX but I am now more familiar with PSX and am also armed with more, and better, information to allow more realism in the flight.
I have the route almost exactly, as much as current nav-aids, waypoints and routes will allow, as it was flown on the day; I have it down to about three miles short of the real flight.

If there are differences between OJU and OJA therefore I would grateful if you could let me know what they are.

All the best

Mike

JP59

Hi Steve,

Congratulations and big thanks for this HUGE work !

Thank you !

Jean-philippe

G-CIVA

Quote from: Aonang on Sat, 26 Jan 2019 11:30
If there are differences between OJU and OJA therefore I would grateful if you could let me know what they are

VH-OJA - VH-OJQ Had No Taxi Light
VH-OJS - VH-OJU Have the Taxi Light

VH-OJA - VH-OJQ Had the Manual NAI Switches
VH-OJS - VH-OJU Have the Auto NAI Switches

VH-OJA - VH-OJQ Had the Electrical Fuel Scavenge System to the Left Wing Main Tank Only
VH-OJS - VH-OJU Have the Hydromechanical Scavenge System to both Wing Main Tanks

Of course if you wanted to fully recreate the flight as it was 'back in the day' you would have to select a Mechanical MCP, disable the GPS Navigation System, TCAS System & select the Mechanical Standby Instruments (with no ILS) & CRT Screens. You would also need to deselect the Gross Weight & SAT Display Option from the EICAS Options under the Warnings Tab in the model preferences.  Also disable the the TERR options via the TERR Overide Switch.

I am sure that there are others here who have a much more in depth knowledge if I have missed anything.
Steve Bell
aka The CC