News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

*Update 15 Mar 22* PFPX Files & Aircraft Model Files for PSX NG FMC Upgrade

Started by G-CIVA, Thu, 26 Jul 2018 12:32

Sebastian

G-CIVA

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the comments.

Today I have updated some of the OFP Templates, the changes are mainly cosmetic.  I have also updated all of the aircraft type files (11 in all)

What you need to do if you have contacted me & have downloaded these files

Firstly ensure that PFPX has been shut down on your computer.

1. Navigate to the Dropbox Folder called PFPX Files for PSX, find the subfolder inside named 'Aircraft Types', open it & copy the 15 files inside.

On you computer that has PFPX installed find the folder where PFPX is installed - normally:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data

Inside find the folder named 'Aircraft Types' & paste in the 15 aircraft type files there overwriting as required.

2. Navigate to the Dropbox Folder called PFPX Files for PSX, find the subfolder inside named 'Flightplan Templates - do not overwrite', open it & copy the 15 files inside.

On you computer that has PFPX installed find the folder where PFPX is installed - normally:

Inside find the folder named 'Flightplan Templates' & copy the 15 flightplan template files there overwriting as required.

After this you can start up PFPX & everything should be good.

Enjoy!
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Robert Staudinger

Hi Steve,

thank you for the files very much.

Just one question: In the folders 'Aircaft Types' and 'Flightplan Templates' are 15 files each, is this o.k.?

Robert

G-CIVA

Quote from: Robert Staudinger on Sun, 12 Aug 2018 13:44
Just one question: In the folders 'Aircaft Types' and 'Flightplan Templates' are 15 files each, is this o.k.?

Robert,

You are indeed correct .... thanks for the 'heads up'!

Previous post corrected.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Swiso

Hello Steve,
Thank you very much for the files !
Best regards
Aris

mokeiko

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the files

fly safe

Francisco
Francisco Blas

asboyd

Amazing work, thank you so much. Have only tried tow but will continue to test further.

Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Dirk Schepmann

Dear Steve,

thank-you very much for the time and effort you put into this!
A great collection of OFPs and aircraft profiles for PFPX.

Best regards,
Dirk

Phil Bunch

Thanks for your very useful contribution to PSX.  I'm sure these files will have a long life and that you will have the ongoing appreciation of many current and future PSX users.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Nicolas_Belinsky

Hello Steve,

Thanks for these great templates for PFPX.

PSX was already a fantastic product, now it got even better.

Cheers from LOWS,

Nicolas 

Berndo

Steve,

thanks for the quick reply and the numerous profiles for PFPX.

Finally I'll be able to use PFPX and not just chuck in 10 tons of fuel as 'contingency'. ;)

Bernd (underneath one of LOWWs SIDs)

evaamo

Steve,

Thanks for sharing your work on these profiles and templates! Very useful stuff indeed.

Cheers!
-Enrique
Enrique Vaamonde

Dirk Schepmann

I have a question regarding the Cirrus OFP format.

Usually, in most of the flight plan formats you'll find a column containing the estimated fuel onboard at each waypoint (so you can easily compare the actual fuel onboad with the calculated figure at each waypoint passage).

In the Cirrus format, it's different - the OFP just gives the amount of fuel required for each waypoint. That means that one has to add the sum of contigency and reserve fuel to the value?

Is there a reason for this? I find it a bit unsual but maybe that's just because I'm used to the other OFPs.

Best regards,
Dirk

G-CIVA

Gentlemen,

Today I have updated ALL of the OFP Templates, the changes are mainly cosmetic but ensure that the heading text for the flight plan log fields propagate to all pages containing flight plan log information. 

I have also included a Qantas Airlines B744/ER OFP Template (thanks to Rudy Fidado for allowing me to use some of his work).  Some of the Qantas flight plan fields are beyond the scope of PFPX as its currently stands but it is still a very fair representation of the real deal.  I have also included an El Al OFP Template (thanks to Doug Snow for allowing me to use some of his work).

I have also updated four of the aircraft - the El Al registrations 4X-ELA, 4X-ELB, 4X-ELC & 4X-ELD in order that these will work correctly with the El Al OFP template.

What you need to do if you have contacted me & have downloaded these files

Firstly ensure that PFPX has been shut down on your computer.

1. Navigate to the Dropbox Folder called PFPX Files for PSX, find the subfolder inside named 'Aircraft ', open it & copy the 4 files inside named 4X-ELA, 4X-ELB, 4X-ELC & 4X-ELD.

Inside find the folder named 'Aircraft' & paste in the 4 aircraft files there overwriting as required.

2. Navigate to the Dropbox Folder called PFPX Files for PSX, find the subfolder inside named 'Flightplan Templates - do not overwrite', open it & copy the 17 files inside.

Inside find the folder named 'Flightplan Templates' & copy the 17 flight plan template files there overwriting as required.

After this you can start up PFPX & everything should be good.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Erastmus

Got your e-mail and your fantastic contribution to this marvelous sim! Thank you so much once agan!

-Andreas

bublegom

Thanks Steve for your files. I use TFAAL plane which fits perfectly my needs. The fuel calculation is bery precise. I have modified TOPCAT according to the spécifications of my plane.
All is perfect.

François Coulon

Captain_Crow

And I would like to have the files as well please.
mail@steffenrabenau.de

Tanks in advance !!
Steff

G-CIVA

Steve Bell
aka The CC

vito

Steve, thanks for really extensive and detailed collection of PFPX profiles, templates, aircraft types ... :-))) It adds another dimension to preflight process :-)))

Best regards

vito

lentik

And I would like to have the files as well please ... ! :)
sgn.game@yahoo.de

Thank you very much in advance !!
Sebastian