News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Linked yoke help?

Started by GodAtum, Tue, 3 Jul 2018 09:59

GodAtum

Hi all, I have 2 real 747 yokes. I also have a wooden base to mount them in. Been trying to work out how to mount and link them. I have contacted local welders and handymen but they obviously don't have any experience in this area. I have found some diagrams for a 737 yoke:

https://www.fsc.it/Gallery/Products/219914/DOCUMENTS/FSC%20737NG%20YOKE%20DUAL%20PROFESSIONAL%20ASSEMBLY%20GUIDE%20ENG%20REV3.00%20---%20ME141059.pdf

If anyone has any advice or able to help I might have a bottle of Prosecco to give away ;)

B747-400

Hi,

why not purchasing a genuine crossover linkage, some ball bearings etc.! I have lot of pics on my HP how I built in the columns in my wooden base.

Go to my HP, click the "Pictures" tab, and all down below to the gallery called "Please enjoy pics of my first 'simulator'!"

Some more Pics are in the gallery "My setup as of October 2014!"

Perhaps there is some inspiration for a solution of your problem!

Cheers
Hans

GodAtum

Thanks for the info. Would you mind measuring the distance between the yoke axis?

b744erf

It is 42 inch between the centerline of each control column. (1067mm)
I think it is easy to link the elevator control with flange and tube. But the aileron is special. Please watch this video.
https://youtu.be/YvRzmMrxQUo
A fork/plate construction to connect the aileron, so that the wire drum is able to state and not moving with the elevator link tube. This is the real construction on a real plane.

B747-400

Hi,

as my columns / linkage are from 737 perhaps 727, I have different measurements. They are 102,5 cm apart. About 40,3 inches.

So, you should check with your MIP and your type of aircraft / individual measurements. In my case I'm fine with the smaller measurements for my 747-400 due to lack of space in my room.

If you do not have the genuine items Jack is using for his setup, you can insert a tube inside the columns with a pulley drum to connect to the other side to synchronise both yokes. This is my setup shown in the pics.

Cheers
Hans

GodAtum

Thanks, I measured mine to be 1010mm give or take a few. So I'll go for 1025 just to be on the safe side.