News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Best solution for taxyway / airport layout display ?

Started by cagarini, Sat, 23 Jun 2018 11:46

cagarini

As stated in many of my posts I never really liked any of the external visuals solutions I tried with PSX, for various reasons... But I do miss the chance of at least finding my way around at the airports, being able to follow the correct path to and out of the gates, etc...

What alternatives, also excluding Chromium, are there available ? Only those not forcing me to have P3D or XP installed just as a bridge.

Any details, shots really welcomed :-)

mgeiss

There seems to be a Foreflight connector for PSX: http://www.inside.net/ss/foreflight-connector-for-psx/

I'm working on a standalone moving map app for PSX, which shows the aircraft (and traffic, if you wish) position(s) as moving Icons in a Google maps window. It's Java based and uses a built in browser, so you don't even need Firefox et al on the machine it is supposed to run on.

I also plan to provide options for displaying the plane's path and FMC routes 1 and 2, although writing the code for parsing the routes will take some time. So don't expect it in the initial release. The path is easy to accomplish, though.

I'll provide more info and screenshots as development makes progress.
Cheers,
Matthias

cagarini

Mathias,

thx for the link to Foreflight but even more for the good news regarding your moving map app !  Looking forward into it :-)