News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

World Flight Schedule Added to Simfest Dispatch

Started by Gary Oliver, Thu, 14 Jun 2018 21:06

Gary Oliver

All,

For those who use http://dispatch.simfest.co.uk you will now find a button to import the World Flight schedule into your personal Schedule.

If  you haven't given the dispatch center a go for a while it might be worth trying it out.  We don't use anything else for our dispatching system in the simulator anymore.

Any questions/bugs post here as usual.

Cheers
Gary

ScudRunner

Hi Gary and team...

I just wanted to clarify how the wind injection feature in BACARS should be operated...

I have created a flight plan in PSX.Dispatch (using the latest version) and then run PSX (10.35) and BACARS (4.0.5). I then go into the FMC BACARS system and downlink the .route, .pln and .wx files from PSX.Dispatch.

Once the route is loaded and activated in the PSX FMS, I go to the FMC RTE DATA page and request an uplink of the winds/temp. I am then seeing the winds contained in the PSX.Dispatch .wx file (verified by also examining the .wx file within a text editor) being uploaded correctly against the various route waypoints.

However, when I then undertake the flight I am not seeing the anticipated winds (often not even close ) at the waypoints/flight levels as contained in the PSX.Dispatch .wx file.

EG On a recent flight at a particular waypoint the PSX.Dispatch winds as uplinked and displayed in the FMS indicated a FL340 wind of 282/75 whereas the wind encountered at FL340 at that waypoint was 327/27. This occurs consistently (ie I have never seen the wind in PSX approximately match up with the uplinked PSX.Dispatch data). 

Not sure what I am doing wrong but it is as if PSX continues to use it's own upper wind model data despite the successful upload of the .wx data into the FMC route information. I understand there is smoothing applied to the winds but I did not feel this would explain what I'm seeing.

I have undertaken flights with PSX internet metar data both enabled and disabled (though I assumed this actually shouldn't make any difference for winds above FL200). I am running P3DV4.2 and ActiveSky on the same machine as PSX/BACARS. Interestingly,  I've also noted that if I try re-uplinking the PSX.Dispatch .wx file data it does not seem to load into the FMS, the default PSX weather system data seems to load in its place.

Would appreciate any advice as to where I am going wrong.

Finally,  thanks again for this brilliant system – really appreciate all the work that you folk have done to provide it.
Sean.

Gary Oliver

Sean,

BACARS only intercepts the winds uplink and corrects that, it does not inject the upper winds into PSX.

For this you need to use PSX.NET weather module to pull the winds and temps from P3D into PSX.

I don't want to set the flight plan winds directly as of course in real life the winds will not be exactly the same as the forecast.  By setting the psx weather separately through psx.net.weather you get this random variation.

Cheers
Gary

ScudRunner

Hey Gary,

thanks for the quick response. I go straight to the bottom of the class!!

I misinterpreted comments on a previous thread to mean that BACARS 4.0 and above replaced the PSX.net modules in doing the  wind 'injecting' into PSX. As you say the forecast/plan and and actual winds should remain disconnected as they are in real ops.

Thanks for the assist
Sean

Gary Oliver

Quote from: ScudRunner on Fri, 15 Jun 2018 09:36
Hey Gary,

thanks for the quick response. I go straight to the bottom of the class!!

I misinterpreted comments on a previous thread to mean that BACARS 4.0 and above replaced the PSX.net modules in doing the  wind 'injecting' into PSX. As you say the forecast/plan and and actual winds should remain disconnected as they are in real ops.

Thanks for the assist
Sean

Sean,

No worries, I think one of the other threads did have some mis information in it.

Happy to assist via Teamviewer if you need help getting PSX.NET.Weather Working.  Or if G-CIVA is in your timezone he has also been trained in troubleshooting the install :-)  (SimConnect is a faff)

Cheers
Gary

ScudRunner

thanks mate.  I will have a look and if no joy come back ref an assist.

Thanks for sorting/clarifying this for me.

farrokh747

hi gary

QuoteFor this you need to use PSX.NET weather module to pull the winds and temps from P3D into PSX.

Apologies but I'm a bit confused...   ::)     

In this thread you mention that the "The Winds uplink handling is now done by BACARS 4.0 and above so that modules in PSX.NET is obsolete. "

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=3681.40

Do I leave the wxr module in the PSX.NET folder?

Also - is there any info on the simconnect config file?

cheers

fc

ScudRunner

Hi fc,

I think I had the same misunderstanding that you did.

I now understand that BACARS allows you to import the wind data downlinked (along with the route file and  .pln file) from the PSX.Dispatch system into the PSX FMC upon which it then bases its calculations. Note these are forecast winds only.

The PSX.net wind module is the one that actually reads the current P3D wind data at the location of the aircraft in real time as you fly along and then continually injects that information into PSX.  So I am now running PSX.net with just the wind module installed to provide the in-flight wind injecton from P3D and running BACARS to upload my flight planned winds from PSX.Dispatch during pre-flight (as well as all it's other functions).

Works great!!

Hope this helps.