News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FMC and FIX INFO funtionality doubt

Started by cpeinado, Mon, 14 May 2018 13:14

cpeinado

Hello everyone.

I have a doubt with regard to the operation of the FMC/FIX INFO page.

I fly the real 737-800, and its FMC allows me to, after I have selected an approach from the DEP/ARR page, select runway waypoints from the LEGS page (i.e RW32R from LEMD, for example) and transfer them to the FIX INFO page so I can have a bearing and distance reference to that runway waypoint in the FIX page.

I'm a new user of the wonderful PSX.

When I try to copy a waypoint such as RW32 after having previously selected a STAR and a Approach from the DEP/ARR page, from the LEGS page to the FIX page, the FMC throws me an "NOT IN DATABASE" message.

Sometimes it appears to accept it (don't know why), but it then references a RW point wich is for example 1000 nm away in another place, and not the one I copied from my LEGS page and wich belongs to the APP I've selected (don't know why either).

I don't know wether it is a bug, or that the 744 FMC does not have this functionality built-in, or just that I´m doing something wrong.

Any help?

Thank you.

Best regards.
Carlos Peinado.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Carlos,

we've discussed this a couple of times in the past years, and it has been tested on real 744 FMCs. This is one of the differences between the 737 and 744 FMCs.

There are some database waypoint identifiers starting with "RW..." which can be entered simply because they are normal database waypoints.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Here's the most recent discussion on this subject:
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4414.0

cpeinado

Hi Hardy.

Thank you very much!

Best regards.
Carlos.