News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

747 won´t move :/

Started by Garfield30, Mon, 12 Mar 2018 16:20

Garfield30

Hello again,

my 747 is setup fine and no warnings @all. Takeoff EDDF 25C -  parking breaks off (i think).
Move the levers forward - aircraft wont begin to roll ? Like nailed into the ground.
Any ideas what´s wrong now ? Have todo with the gear disagreee message ? (Nosegear) but no malfunctions are listed :/ message won´t go away

thank you for helping again

Alex

cavaricooper

You might have something wrong in your SITU... try using a default SITU and moving the a/c to EDDF 25C... does the problem re-occur?  If not- select your options- model, Wx etc. and save a new SITU.  Get rid of the old one.

Re. PB- look at the Info Tag... if you have 2 Magenta hooks showing, the PB is on.

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Garfield30

Hello :-)

thank you - there was a Problem with the situ file :-) Now all work as it should.
Regards to florida

Alex

Hardy Heinlin

A situ file cannot brake the aircraft. Only brakes can brake it :-)

The parking brake needs to be released by pushing both brake pedals to the max. The B key won't release it.

Or ... if you applied takeoff thrust and you got no red alert, perhaps you applied reverse thrust?

Gear disagreee? Where's your gear lever? In the OFF position?

|-|ardy

Garfield30

Hello Hardy,

the gear lever was in down position. In eicas a problem with the nose gear was displayed
in up position. Change the Situation then the messsge disappears. Also aircraft start now.
Mhhh the parking brake- i dont known - but i cant select it - when i take the brake in then it
hold not the brake position - dont known why

Alex

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

747-400 parking brakes are peculiar. Operate them exactly as designed:

- Push both foot pedals all the way down (check on the magenta hooks).
- Pull the hand lever (B).
- Keep the hand lever up.
- Release both foot pedals.
- Hand lever will now remain up.

Release the brakes by pushing both foot pedals. Lever will drop back down.

Hoppie

John H Watson

Quote747-400 parking brakes are peculiar.

If the 747-400 is peculiar, then so are all Boeings for the last 60 years or so  ;)

Hardy Heinlin

Hello Alex,

of course, loading a different situation file will load a different operational situation. That's not interesting. The problem needs to be explained at its roots in the situation where the problem appears. That's the interesting part :-)

Did your nose gear collapse? This may happen after a hard nose gear landing, or when the brakes are applied during pushback (while the main gear wheels are stopped, the pushback truck wil keep moving and break the nose gear strut).

You can't taxi when pushback is in progress or when the nose is on the ground (notice your pitch attitude).

I assume you applied the brakes during pushback.

The nose gear can be repaired on Instructor > Situation > Malfunctions > Airframe.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

United744

Check you don't accidentally have MOTION FREEZE ('M' key) enabled. This can give the appearance of everything functioning, but the aircraft doesn't move.

In the top left, if motion freeze is activated, you will see MOTION blink in yellow.

QuadFan

For anyone else with the same issue: I had bound my (Saitek in this case) rudder pedals the wrong way. When not touched, they were braking maximum on toe brakes. When I pushed them, the opposite was true. Had to take off pressing them, which was how I found out...  ::)
Seb