News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FDS CDU setup

Started by kryten, Wed, 7 Mar 2018 16:58

kryten

Hi,
I've just bought and set up a CDU module made by Flight Deck Solutions. All seemed to go OK except that the screen shows the default Windows wallpaper. I contacted FDS who said that I should drag the CDU from PSX across to the module screen. This seems odd because the PSX CDU screen shows letters in green but on the FDS website the module has letters in both green and blue. FDS also suggested that I post the situation on this website because FDS users here could help. Is it just a matter of dragging a CDU from PSX to the module?

Phil.

garys

Yes that is correct. As the FDS CDU is now part of a multi monitor setup you will need to move your open PSX instance across to the FDS CDU monitor and make the necessary zoom adjustments to display the PSX CDU screen correctly. Colour is irrelevant as that is a function of the software you are using.

Once you have made the adjustment remember to save that layout in PSX and the next time you start it will auto open on the CDU from there on out. I open a seperate instance of PSX just for the CDU screen but if you follow Hardy networking examples in the tutorial part of this forum you can do this a different way as well.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Phil,

when you see a multicolor CDU screen on a photo it's a sample picture of a 747-8 CDU, not of a 747-400.

More and more 747-400 aircraft are being upgraded with the new 744 NG FMC which is already installed on all 747-8 aircraft. But the CDUs on the 747-400 remain the old ones with the green color. In the distant future they may be replaced by the multicolored ones as well. The NG FMC works with both CDU versions. Multicolor is not a requirement.

|-|ardy

kryten

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. The CDU is running fine now.

Phil.