News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

www.hoppie.nl getting overhauled

Started by Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers, Sat, 17 Feb 2018 14:18

Will

It's been a bad influenza season. Any chance that's what it was?

I had influenza two years ago and I spent a day in the emergency room getting IV fluids. The flu can be a much more serious disease than many people realize.
Will /Chicago /USA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Never say never, but the whole medical profession's opinion here is that it was a full blast pontine ischemic stroke. No scan shows any trace, though. After 5 days I have most of my balance back, my dysphagia retreats while I am slowly, carefully eating pureed foods and thickened liquids, and a distinct difference in sensory sensation between left and right body halves remains. No other effects are apparent, especially nothing cognitive or motorical. If this could have been a flu, this would be new insight. Worth coining?

Hoppie

Jeroen D

Hi Jeroen,
sorry to hear. Get well soon!

All the best

Jeroen

ScudRunner

Good to hear you are on the mend Hoppie. Best from `down under'.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Going better all the time. The sensory (skin) sensations on my right body half are the most noticeable leftover at this moment. Swallowing goes great. Walking nearly back as it was. Still eating purees for safety.

Hoppie

cavaricooper

Hoppie-

Thoughts and prayers headed SE... get well SOON!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Still doing fine... getting bored by all time spent on medical stuff... and on feeding... munch munch munch... Almost reached my target weight (downward).    :-)

No significant function loss remained, mostly silliness in the skin sensations on my right side. Hm. Let's see what improves over time.

Next thing ... *WHY*?! People are baffled that there is no obvious smoking gun on what triggered this, where, and why. For now we all blame that I converted my hobby into my work, if not vocation. Hm. Hm.

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

Maybe your body just tried to tell your brain that you piled too much additional responsibilities in the past months?

(Work related and social.)

|-|ardy

emerydc8

Glad to hear you are improving quickly, Hoppie. You'll be back to solving Kalitta's problems in no time!

Jon

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

No no no no! I'll send Dorian!    :-D

Hoppie

DougSnow

Or solving Boeing's PBCS nightmare with the 777...

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

They need to switch my system ON, and that other system OFF    :-P