News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Throttletek FCS assignment

Started by Icarus747, Wed, 31 Jan 2018 18:44

Icarus747

The Throttletek fuel control switches are recognized by PSX.  The buttons FCS are seen when flipped.  But there is no FCS assignment in the menu.  How do I assign the FCS in PSX?  They are supposed to work.  A IO card is only needed for the fire lights in the FCS according to their info.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

emerydc8

There is no dropdown assignment in PSX for the fuel control switches as far as I know. It would be nice.
Jon

kryten

Hi,
  It would be useful to have a mouse macro program (I have mentioned this before). This would not only solve the fuel cutoff problem but many others as well. There are several very useful addon programs for PSX and I think that macros would be another great project for all you programmers out there.

Phil

Icarus747

PSX recognizes the switches already.  Just need a menu choice.  Not sure how monumental a task that might be.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

mark744

Be really useful for GoFlight throttles too

Hardy Heinlin

The task is not monumental but cumbersome, and it has to be free of charge, of course.

The flight deck incorporates hundreds of switches. All of them, including lights, can be accessed through the inbuilt PSX network by simple text messages. Cockpit builders use this network because it's robust and reliable, and many hardware and software interfaces are available. This network is the main service of PSX, while the USB stuff is just a sideline. If every cockpit component was also accessible via USB, PSX would bloat its sideline and neglect its main job. It's not just about text lines on a menu. Behind these menu items there are functions and interdependencies.

For this reason -- the main network has everything already -- I always hesitate to bloat the USB part with further options. Especially if the requested option is just semi-complete like here if the fire lights are driven by the network interface card and the switch by USB; as the card is already there, why not interface the complete component with that card? Why mix this with the rather unreliable USB?

Anyway, as these USB fuel control switches are getting more popular now, I'll consider implementing them on the USB side as well (in one of the next PSX updates).

What signal do they use for the RUN and CUTOFF positions?
Button pressed = RUN?
Button released = CUTOFF?

I hope your USB signals are reliable and you won't get cutoff commands in flight!

|-|ardy

Icarus747

When I flip the switches up PSX USB menu shows button pressed.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

Hardy Heinlin

mark744

On GoFlight I can swivel toggle switches by 180 degrees, so I can fit in with other users.
Up on would be fine, thanks

GodAtum

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu,  1 Feb 2018 22:43
The task is not monumental but cumbersome, and it has to be free of charge, of course.

The flight deck incorporates hundreds of switches. All of them, including lights, can be accessed through the inbuilt PSX network by simple text messages. Cockpit builders use this network because it's robust and reliable, and many hardware and software interfaces are available. This network is the main service of PSX, while the USB stuff is just a sideline. If every cockpit component was also accessible via USB, PSX would bloat its sideline and neglect its main job. It's not just about text lines on a menu. Behind these menu items there are functions and interdependencies.

For this reason -- the main network has everything already -- I always hesitate to bloat the USB part with further options. Especially if the requested option is just semi-complete like here if the fire lights are driven by the network interface card and the switch by USB; as the card is already there, why not interface the complete component with that card? Why mix this with the rather unreliable USB?

Anyway, as these USB fuel control switches are getting more popular now, I'll consider implementing them on the USB side as well (in one of the next PSX updates).

What signal do they use for the RUN and CUTOFF positions?
Button pressed = RUN?
Button released = CUTOFF?

I hope your USB signals are reliable and you won't get cutoff commands in flight!

|-|ardy

I'm interested to know how to convert USb into a network interface?

mark744

Hardy,
I don't want to coerce you to do a lot of work with the FCSs USB mod.
I'm sure you have much better things to do, ( like a well earned rest )
Not important to me, just a nicety.

Icarus747

Hardy:

I want to coerce you to do a lot of work with the FCS USB mod.  I'm sure you have nothing better to do.  😃

Honestly, anything you do to make the sim more functional is helpful and greatly appreciated!

THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

Hardy Heinlin

Fuel cutoff switches can now be assigned to USB buttons in PSX 10.23:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

|-|ardy

bublegom

Hi Hardy

Thank you for this new functionnality. I own a Saitek PZ45 Throttle Quadrant. Is it possible to add new assigments :
Key pressed : cut off
Key released : run

François

Hardy Heinlin

Hi François,

maybe, someday ...

|-|ardy

mark744

Hardy
Thank you very much for the FCS functionality

Mark

emerydc8

cavaricooper

As a "non-programmer" I will add to the thank-yous... USB despite it's baggage, is the simple solution here.

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: bublegom on Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:27
I own a Saitek PZ45 Throttle Quadrant. Is it possible to add new assigments :
Key pressed : cut off
Key released : run

Fuel cutoff switch functions can now be inverted in PSX 10.24:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

|-|ardy

bublegom

Hi Hardy

Thank you very much to have implemented my request.

François