News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Released: PSX.NET Dispatch Suite Updated V2.1.0

Started by Gary Oliver, Wed, 27 Dec 2017 23:19

Gary Oliver

All,

There have been several updates to PSX.NET Dispatch recently solving a few outstanding issues others on here have seen.

Full change log as follows, bold changes are the interesting ones :-

V2.1.0
====
Added more error checking on ETE/ATE calculations
Added ASY and NPT Airlines
Redirects back to Create Plan page if the briefing pack you are trying to view has expired.

V2.0.9a
=====
Cont Figure now refers to preferences if no statistical info available
Cont Figure now includes early flights
Taxi and Cont Pct Default back to default (3%) if no stats available
Added Stats page to view CONT Stats in the database

V2.0.9
====
Small Bug Fixes
More Airport Briefs Added
Added 744, 744LITE and 744ER models
Updated Loadsheet code to cater properly for other aircraft types
Scheduled Times now shown on OFP rather than flight planned times for ETA and ETD
Statistical Taxi Out Times used if there are enough flights in the database
Statistical Cont Figures now used from OOOI database if enough flights in the database

V2.0.8
====
Updated TCX Logo
Updated Crew load per a/c type

V2.0.7
====
New dispatchers recruited
Adding The World Flight Route will do so with the airline code selected in the dropdown at the time.
When creating a flightplan on the World Flight route, the preferential ATC route will be used.  This can be overridden on an advanced routing though.
Added Airbus A330
Added TCX Airline
Buttons Returned
Added Support for Route Information Manuals - Check out the first few world flight legs!
Airport Briefings added for the first few world flight airports on the breifings page..Expect these to be added to

V2.0.6
====
Dry Operating Weight now correct on loadsheet
TOW, ZFW, Landing Weights Now add up correctly on loadsheet
Take off Fuel figure now correct on loadsheet
Web 1.0 removed, now more web 2.0
Centre aligned Home Image

V2.0.5
====
Updated Schedule Code Total Time calculations to handle flights that cross midnight UTC.

torrence

Thanks for the Dispatch updates, Gary

I have a general question about the connection between PSX aircraft models (i.e. the new updated collection from Steve Bell), different engines, etc. and the aircraft options now in Dispatch.  Is there (or could one work out) a correlation table for Aircraft Type, A/C Reg Number, Airline Code etc.? I've been using mostly PSX BAW models (mostly to relate better to Britjet tutorials and similar discussions), but I'm not sure what Aircraft Type would relate to the preferences for one of the specific A/C Reg Numbers.  I understand that PSX provides so much flexibility to configure your aircraft to suit your desires that the n! number of possible combinations and permutations may be totally unworkable, but maybe some examples of specific combinations (e.g. RR engines, 744 type, airlines etc) could provide guidance.  I also understand that most reasonable choices probably have very little effect on whether you have enough fuel for a given trip and arrive on time, but I'm interested in which things are most important.

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Gary Oliver

From a dispatch point of view...

B744 is a normal 747-400, pax figures are based on a BA 52J or a Virgin config depending on airline chosen.  MTOW something like 396000kgs

B744LITE is BA C-Civf through to CIVH which have no stab tank and to save money on US handling fees have a VERY reduced MTOW of 364000kgs but a higher MAXZFW

B744ER is an ER

I'll have a chat with Steve and see what data he has, should be easy to feed it into the dispatch system to pick specific aircraft if you want.

Cheers
Gary

G-CIVA

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:52
B744LITE is BA C-Civf through to CIVH which have no stab tank and to save money on US handling fees have a VERY reduced MTOW of 364000kgs but a higher MAXZFW

Is that a Company enforced value to fall in line with US regulations?

The FCOM v 1 Limitations lists the MTOW of the 'LITE' aircraft as 381017kgs

Torrence,

There is no short answer to your question.

Gary offers a fantastic 'one stop' solution to flight planning for PSX.

As you are now aware even within one Airline - BAW there are weight differences between differing aircraft types of the same overall aircraft with the B744 fleet.  Every B744 airframe has an OEW or operating empty weight.  Indeed this weight is individual to each aircraft & is further refined every day it operates depending on the route it flies (by the amount of crew on the flight deck & in the cabin & by the number of cabin crew required, the physical amount of catering it needs to carry - all dependant on flight time regulations & how many meals will be required to cater for the passengers dependant on the average sector time).

Each B744 engine type carries a subtly differing amount of fuel - primarily due to the differing design of the fuel 'plumbing' in the engine pylons.  Each engine type is also a different weight value.

Each airline can arbitrarily restrict MZFW, MTW, MTOW & MLW in order to extend the lifetime of an air frame, or to avoid expensive fees or other restrictions like airport pavement weight bearing issues etc.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Gary Oliver

Steve,

I had that value from the fcom too! However it seemed to change in 2016.. I've emailed you....

torrence

Thanks guys,

That gives me the basic information I need for the models- will put that in my PSX Net Dispatch notes.  What about the freighter models?  Would doing simple 'crew only, no pax, and Light, Moderate, Heavy load' dispatch versions be feasible or are freighter operations too different for the current template?  I do appreciate the simplicity and speed of PSX.NET.   I don't have to spend time setting lots of options - Gary's virtual dispatchers have already taken care of that and I can concentrate on getting powered up and flying.

Cheers,
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

Gary Oliver

I'm going to add the freighter variants this week, the Perth World Flight Team and I had a chat today.  Will let you know when its done.

Cheers
Gary

18hazelwood

Hi Gary,

how do you change your password for the site http://dispatch.simfest.co.uk, if you have forgotten it?

Thanks.

GodAtum

Hi Gary,

Trying to create a plan in https://planning.simfest.co.uk/plan, but I just get the generate briefing pack pop-up window with a grey page. Worked fine a few weeks ago.

Gary Oliver

Godatum,

I have just been making some changes which broke it for an hour... Give it a go now.

All should be fine.

Cheers
Gary

GodAtum

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sat, 26 Sep 2020 12:19
Godatum,

I have just been making some changes which broke it for an hour... Give it a go now.

All should be fine.

Cheers
Gary

Thanks very much Gary!  ;D

Jason M Tutwiler

Gary,
This is awesome!  Just curious, any support for prosim?  Thank you!

Cordially,
Jason Tutwiler
Jason M. Tutwiler

18hazelwood

Hello all,

is there a problem with the site https://planning.simfest.co.uk/.

I seem to be able to log in ok etc but then it always fails during the planning phase.
"Attementing to reconnect to server" etc.

Or is it something I am doing wrong.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

18Hazelwood

Gary Oliver

I see there were 20 ish success flights planned in the last 24 hours and it seems to work for me.

Can you let me know what flight you tried to plan, airline, dept, dest will be fine.

Cheers
G

18hazelwood

PSX747baw91g

did you put in a departure time? I get reload issue if I dont put in a time for departure

18hazelwood

Hi,

yes tried all that but still get the endless spinning busy icon wheel thing...when i go to planning..

thanks for your input..

Gary Oliver

If you use discord join the Simfest discord server at https://discord.gg/yECkmN and I will see if we can sort it out together.

Gary Oliver

All,

Please note I am current migrating the PSX.NET web infrastructure form AWS to Azure.

Expect there to be strange issues over the next 24 hours whilst DNS catches up.

Cheers

kwieser76

HI Gary,

I registered me on the new page https://planning.simfest.co.uk/ for some weeks ago and i forget my PW .. I tried the forget PW feature but i did not received any eamil with the new PW...

user: kwieser@me.com

thx

kurt
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)