News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

No Flight plan show on PIC ND

Started by mokeiko, Thu, 14 Dec 2017 08:37

mokeiko

Hi everyone,

I input a flight plan in FMC but the flight plan only shows up on FO ND, but no flight plan shows up on PIC ND.

I am not sure if I accidently clicked on a setting. Thank you for any help.

fly safe
Francisco Blas

andrej

Hello Francisco,

could you share with us the SITU file? It will help to see/analyze the issue.

Thanks!
Andrej

mokeiko

Hi Andrej,

I think I had a corrupt situation file or I messed up a setting. I created a new one an all is fine. Thank you for inquiring.

fly safe
Francisco Blas

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Francisco,

if the situ file had a corrupt route, it wouldn't show up on the F/O's ND either.

Maybe on the left CDU there was RTE 2 selected, and RTE 2 was empty? Or something like that.

Regards,

|-|ardy

mokeiko

You're absolutely correct Hardy, I remember seeing that but it didn't occur to me what was happening at the time. Can you tell me what I did to make that happen? Was it a matter of going through and inputting into the FMC too fast and accidentally clicking something?

On that note, If I had correctly input into RTE1 and then decided to input an alternate route into RTE2 the flight plan would only show up in the FO ND and not the PIC ND?

I have done this numerous amounts of times and this is the first time it has happened. Thank you for turning on that light bulb.

fly safe
Francisco Blas

Hardy Heinlin

Some background:

CDU L is linked with FMC L or FMC R, depending on the captain's NAV source selector position.

CDU R is linked with FMC L or FMC R, depending on the F/O's NAV source selector position.

Normally, CDU L is linked with FMC L; and CDU R with FMC R.

When CDU L and CDU R are linked with the same FMC, both CDUs show the same RTE (1 or 2).

Back to the foreground:

When the captain's NAV source is set to an FMC (L or R ), CDU L is always linked with ND L, never with ND R.

When the F/O's NAV source is set to an FMC (L or R ), CDU R is always linked with ND R, never with ND L.

When the two CDUs are linked with two different FMCs, the one CDU can show RTE 1 while the other CDU can show RTE 2, or vice versa, or both show the same RTE. It depends on which RTE is selected on the respective FMC's LEGS page or RTE page or DEP/ARR page.

In standby navigation (when FMCs fail):

When the captain's NAV source is set to CDU L, CDU L is always linked with ND L, never with ND R.

When the captain's NAV source is set to CDU C, CDU L is not linked at all, but CDU C is linked with ND L.

When the F/O's NAV source is set to CDU R, CDU R is always linked with ND R, never with ND L.

When the F/O's NAV source is set to CDU C, CDU R is not linked at all, but CDU C is linked with ND R.

In standby navigation, FMC routes (1 and 2) are not visible. Only CDU routes can be shown. Each CDU has its own route memory and is connected with one dedicated IRU, i.e. it gets its own specific IRS map shift. The CDU route technology is simpler than that of the FMC. E.g. CDU routes contain no conditional waypoints.

|-|ardy

mokeiko

Thank you for the detailed explanation Hardy.

fly safe
Francisco Blas

Hardy Heinlin

Rereading your question ...

Quote from: mokeiko on Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:32
If I had correctly input into RTE1 and then decided to input an alternate route into RTE2 the flight plan would only show up in the FO ND and not the PIC ND?

... I'm having the feeling that these features are not completely understood yet.

"RTE1 versus RTE2" has nothing to do with "captain versus F/O".

Either pilot can work with either route.

Look, when the instruments are normally configured, the left CDU controls just the left ND, and the right CDU controls just the right ND.

Therefore ...

When you select RTE1 on the left CDU, RTE1 will be shown on the left ND.
When you select RTE2 on the left CDU, RTE2 will be shown on the left ND.

When you select RTE1 on the right CDU, RTE1 will be shown on the right ND.
When you select RTE2 on the right CDU, RTE2 will be shown on the right ND.

|-|ardy