News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

CHEDHKG

Quote from: JP59 on Fri,  4 Sep 2020 12:26
Hello Andreas,

Please check carefully on the WidePSX Network Tab, if PSX Boost IP is well set to 10749 as it is a common error which can lead to this kind of behavior.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe
On my side, the solution to the problem was to use the standard 10747 port to connect to PSX.
If I used 10748, it froze MSFS (hell I know why...).  But switching back to 10747 solved all the issues.
Boost on my side was indeed on 10749 as Jean-Philippe points out

-Stephan

JP59

Stephan,

I am happy to see you can run WidePSX now. Thank you for the feedback. If I remember good there is an option in PSX to select port 10748 instead of 10747. Did you change this setting ?

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

foolen

Quote from: JP59 on Fri,  4 Sep 2020 12:26
Hello Andreas,

Please check carefully on the WidePSX Network Tab, if PSX Boost Port is well set to 10749 as it is a common error which can lead to this kind of behavior.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

Thanks, that was it! Strange that it said Boost was connected but now it's working very well indeed.

Br,
Andreas

Avi

Avi Adin
LLBG

JohnH

Quote from: JohnH on Thu,  3 Sep 2020 18:44
Traffic Xpndr says 'closest aircraft 40nm', however I do not get any indication on the PSX pfd with TFC selected

Do you see a list of aircrafts on the WidePSX traffic tab ? If not, it is normal you don't see anything on the ND. However if you see an airplane in MSFS and it doesn't appear in the WidePSX Traffic Tab, this is an issue. Please clarify.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe
[/quote]

I tried again this morning and the WidePSX traffic tab showed 2 aircraft which showed up on the PSX ND. So it seems to be working nicely.

John

John

JP59

Hello John,

Quote from: JohnH on Fri,  4 Sep 2020 16:10

I tried again this morning and the WidePSX traffic tab showed 2 aircraft which showed up on the PSX ND. So it seems to be working nicely.

John

Great ! Finally very good news from everywhere. Thanks for the feedback !

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Tércio Sampaio

I have msfs from ms store, all the folder is encrypted and all files locked. I can't even copy paste the 747 to create a custom one.
Will be nice if we have a custom eyepoint kind of aircraft without any 3d/system or panel only to load as "PSX" aircraft as a eye point windshield, to be installed on the Community folder instead of deleting/changing files from vanilla 747 installation.

JP59

Hi Tércio,

Did you try Gary's trick to remove the 3D cockpit ? See the first post here : http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=6019.0

Edit : I also bought MSFS from MS Store and all the files are accessible on my system.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Tércio Sampaio

Hi,

all my files there (of 747) have a lock on icon, also if i try to copy them and try to paste, even if the paste location is another folder outside msfs related folders for backup purposes, it not allow me giving permissions errors and I use a full admin account.

cagarini

I am not using this combination, and not next to my sim machine, so the folder names bellow can be partially wrong...

Create under "Community" a folder named "Tercio-748i-4-psx"
bellow that one a "SimObjects" subfolder and a series of language files ( .locPak ), then under SimObjects,

..\Airplanes\<a folder with the same name as the original asobo 748i>\<put here only the modified files and folders from the original airplane>

pilotngb

Need help understanding what settings to set PSX too with MSFS set in live mode.

JohnH

what is your setup? are you running PSX and MSFS 2020 on one computer or two?

John

Tércio Sampaio

Quote from: jcomm on Sat,  5 Sep 2020 14:26
I am not using this combination, and not next to my sim machine, so the folder names bellow can be partially wrong...

Create under "Community" a folder named "Tercio-748i-4-psx"
bellow that one a "SimObjects" subfolder and a series of language files ( .locPak ), then under SimObjects,

..\Airplanes\<a folder with the same name as the original asobo 748i>\<put here only the modified files and folders from the original airplane>

Thanks, but sadly it not works well, it not make shows the variant, and if i do in the way you say and also add the file pak and json and change the json file to have the new title variant, it hide both 747 (mine and default on)

Maybe its easy to do a empty aircraft (as PSX aircraft) without nothing more than a viewpoint, but sadly idk how...

pilotngb

Quote from: JohnH on Sat,  5 Sep 2020 20:13
what is your setup? are you running PSX and MSFS 2020 on one computer or two?

John

Hi John,

I am running PSX and MSFS 2020 on a single PC across two monitors.

JohnH

Install WidePSX to a location of your choice, I moved mine to C:\

Setup your Simconnect.xml as explained in the WidePSX user manual.

Run the WidePsx.jar file, you will then see the Network connection screen

Enter the following,

PSX host IP - 127.0.0.1
PSX boost - 127.0.0.1

PSX host port - 10747
PSX boost port - 10749

SimConnect host IP - 127.0.0.1
SimConnect host port - 29747

click - enable SimConnect bridge

click - connect

If all goes well you should get 3 green lights beside PSX main, PSX boost, SimConnect.

At the top tabs select - SceneryGen bridge

click - Enable scenery generated bridge

click - Start scenery genetator bridge,

John

JP59

Hello,

Thanks John for your kind explanations. Everything is right only the block to add within SimConnect.xml which is different than the one described in WidePSX user manual when using MSFS 2020. You must add the following block :

<SimConnect.Comm>
        <Descr>Static IP4 port</Descr>
        <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
        <Scope>local</Scope>
        <Port>29747</Port>
        <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
        <MaxRecvSize>41088</MaxRecvSize>
    </SimConnect.Comm>

I will update the WidePSX user manual.

Best regards
Jean-philippe

JohnH

I just tried WidePSX with the new MSFS 2020 patch 1.8.3.0 (released yesterday) and everything still works as expected.

John

JP59

Thanks John for the feedback. Enjoy WidePSX with the gorgeous MSFS visuals and incredibly realistic PSX 744. Nice combo isn't it ;-)

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

Ton van Bochove

I lost the oversight a bit  :-\ Is it (already!?) possible to use widePSX on a network of 2> computers? I remember that I have read somewhere that it is not possible but I can't find it.
Ton