News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

Martin Baker

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 16:56
We run PSX.NET and BACARS in the sim all the time together.

Perhaps its PSX.NET that fights for the same control at WidePSX, we obviously use ExternalSim for our 'ultra smooth in-flight graphics display' visuals link and have no such problems, as we use PSX.NET for the automatic door/external power hook up instead

There's a bewildering array of add-on possibilities out there, seemingly with lots of overlap. I'm going to try everything and see what works best for me, and it's very helpful to know what you use at simfest - thanks!

J D ADAM

Hi Jean      I am having no success in accessing your website by logging in . Could you please email the necessary password.

Thank you
Derek Adam

JP59

Hello Derek,

You don't need to login to access the website, download the trial or buy the product.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

J D ADAM

Thank you Jean,
I have accessed the site and registered but my password is not working.

I have downloaded the trial version and for the past week I have tried without success to get the program to connect either to the boost server and simconnect.xml, although it will connect to PSX.

I run two computers P3Dv4 and changed to "global" and I do know that the port is open, as another connection works fine

This is not an unusual situation for me as other writers of PSX accessories will strongly attest to!

Please bear with an elderly man. 83 this year.
Kind regards
Derek

beat578

Hi Derek

Wow, I wish I will be that fit to be able to still fly my biggest hobby sim when I am 83...
To the connection Problems: If you use Prepar3d Version 4.4 (the newest one) then it could be that you have a simconnect Version to new...
Try to go into the Perpar3d v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib folder and install the simconnect.msi that is in there.
It did the trick for me. Hopefully it will work for your machine too.

Happy Flying
Beat

Martin Baker

Quote from: Martin B on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 23:48

2. I have now used PSX.net to set everything to manual - perhaps trying this out the other day caused some confusion to WidePSX.

Here's an image of the doors display at the end of a flight to Nassau yesterday, using WidePSX but not PSX.net. Any idea why this is happening? (Now that BACARS has been ruled out.) All best, Martin

JP59

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

The image is a .jp2 but it is not proper JPEG 2000. Use another format, like .jpg or .png.

Hoppie

Martin Baker

Sorry, first time trying to post an image. Here's another go. Shouldn't the unopened doors all be set to manual, not auto? M

JP59

Honestly I don't know. But I think we can live with it, don't you ?  ;)

beat578

JP
If we really really have to... But... I know you are perfectionist :).
Wouldn't it be possible to send something like the "set all doors to manual" variable to the sim? You can do this in the instructor screens, so there must be a command to do it. It would just make the tool even more perfect, because I don't think it's realistic to have doors left on Automatic on the ground on a shut down plane.

It also looks like WidePSX seems to overrule the command from the Instructor screen, because i was not able to open the doors from there yesterday as well. But I can not confirm that yet, I'll have to reproduce and document it first.
Cheers Beat

Martin Baker

Quote from: JP744 on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 11:04
Honestly I don't know. But I think we can live with it, don't you ?  ;)

Ha, yes. If I'm being over-fussy I apologise - I've connected a lot of stuff in he last few days and I'm suffering from information overload trying to manage it all.  :)

JP59

Hello Beat and Martin,

Quote from: beat578 on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 12:27
Wouldn't it be possible to send something like the "set all doors to manual" variable to the sim?

Of course my friends. It is now on my TODO list. And I confirm the instructor page doors commands are overridden by WidePSX while it is connected.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

JRBarrett

Using the recommended Posky model package (in P3D 4.4), With WidePSX version 2.0, I note that the red beacon and logo lights do not illuminate in the P3D external view when commanded "on" in PSX. Is that normal?

Nav and landing lights do work, as do animations of the flaps and control surfaces, and the L1 door.

Jim Barrett

J D ADAM

Hi Beat, Thank you for your reply.
QuoteIf you use Prepar3d Version 4.4 (the newest one) then it could be that you have a simconnect Version to new...
Try to go into the Perpar3d v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib folder and install the simconnect.msi that is in there.

Yes I had done that but repeated the installation again this morning without any success! So back to the drawing board.

QuoteWow, I wish I will be that fit to be able to still fly my biggest hobby sim when I am 83...

If I can give any advice to younger members of the forum, it would be that when you retire you must have interests to replace work. I have been retired 18 years and my two greatest joys have been PS1/PSX which keep me very happily employed for hours., and 2 1/2 rounds of golf each week.
Thank you Hardy and all contributors for making my life so satisfying.

Derek.

JP59

Hello Jim,

Quote from: JRBarrett on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 19:17
Using the recommended Posky model package (in P3D 4.4), With WidePSX version 2.0, I note that the red beacon and logo lights do not illuminate in the P3D external view when commanded "on" in PSX. Is that normal?

Unfortunately yes, this is a limitation of the POSKY model. There is the same issue with the strobes which are synchronized with the NAV lights  :(

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

JRBarrett

Quote from: JP744 on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 21:08
Hello Jim,

Quote from: JRBarrett on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 19:17

Unfortunately yes, this is a limitation of the POSKY model. There is the same issue with the strobes which are synchronized with the NAV lights  :(

That is what I thought. Thanks!

Jim Barrett

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

JP59

Hello Derek,

Quote from: Derek Adam on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 07:57
I have tried without success to get the program to connect either to the boost server and simconnect.xml, although it will connect to PSX.

Boost server : check the IP is correct and port number is set to 10749 in WidePSX. Check also « SimConnect bridge enabled » checkbox is checked (network Tab) and « Scenery Generator Bridge Enabled » is also selected (Scenery Generator Bridge Tab)

SimConnect : read (again) WidePSX user manual, and follow step by step the procedure.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

J D ADAM

Hi Jean,

All checked and the manual has been read about 50 times! Please remember you are dealing with a slower brain!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

</SimBase.Document>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
<SimConnect.Comm>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
      <Scope>Global</Scope>
      <Address>192.168.1.31</Address>     
      <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
      <Port>29747</Port>
      <MaxRecvSize>8192</MaxRecvSize>
      <DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
   </SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

The IP address for P3Dv4  is 192.168.1.31

PSX_HOST_IP=192.168.1.35
PSX_HOST_PORT=10747
BOOST_IP=192168.1.35
BOOST_PORT=10749
SIM_IP=192.168.1.31
SIM_PORT=29747
SIMCONNECT_BRIDGE=1
TCAS=0
PSX_SET_COM_XPNDR=0
END_LINES=0
LEFT_ALIGN=0
PRINTER=0
UNITS=Kgs
COLD_DARK=0
REF_BOA_COMPLETE=0
READY_PUSH=1
SIM_BRIDGE=1
DEST_OFFSETS=0
ALL_OFFSETS=0
AUTO_ALIGN=0
INHIBIT=
HEIGHT=
SLAVE=FSX/P3D

Windows defender and the like turned off.

Maybe this may help.

Cheers
Derek

asboyd

Your boost IP address is missing a "." between 192 and 168..... :)
Try that and see if that helps.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia