News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

asboyd

I think a user selectable would be better. I notice tyre smoke appears if brake is set when aircraft is moved... Maybe just me though :)

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

JP59

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 21:57
I notice tyre smoke appears if brake is set when aircraft is moved...

Even with the latest "Effects" files deleted ? I never noticed smoke even with the parking brake set during my tests. The user selectable solution is also ready. I also think it is the best solution.

Cheers,
Jean-philippe

Dirk Schepmann

Hi JP,

I also think that a user selection would be a good compromise.

I reckon that the synchronization of the parking brake is only important for people using the gimmicks of GSX with catering vehicles, simulation of boarding and so on.

Speaking of GSX: do you think that it would be technically possible to use the pushback of GSX? It would require that PSX will assume the role of a slave during the pushback process.

All the best,
Dirk

JP59

Hello,

I have 3 very good news !

1- I found the way to fix the issue of the aircraft shaking up and down when on the ground in some sceneries, without changing anything to the parking brake synchronization. So the synchronization remains unchanged.

2- The FSX/P3D aircraft engines are now individually synchronized with the PSX related cutoff switch position, even at WidePSX startup. You will now see the engine starting in FSX/P3D with its nice smoke when you move the PSX cutoff to "RUN", and see it stopping when moving the cutoff to "CUTOFF". See the new user manual page 7 for usage details.

3- Available right now in WidePSX version 1.3 sent to registered users by email and available for others here : http://widesimulation.com/products/

Cheers and happy flyings,
Jean-philippe

GodAtum

Thank you so much for all the updates ... it makes the simming experience so much better   :D :D

I was wondering if you would consider creating a WidePSX version for Xplane? I'll happily pay again for it!

JP59

Hello,

Thanks for your kind words. I don't plan to make an Xplane version of WidePSX.

One question for the GSX users : with parking brakes and engines synchronization, is it right to believe in a possible future compatibility with GSX ? I don't have GSX here so I would like to know which more items needs to be synchronized for GSX to work with PSX/WidePSX ? Doors ? How many need to be open/closed ? Which ones ? Is it cargo / PAX dependant or always the same door(s) ?

Also don't hesitate to let me know if you get any issue with the new features at info@widesimulation.com or on this forum.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

GodAtum

GSX is saying open exit 1, 2 3, 4 on boarding and cargo doors. I actually got round this by disabling the door check in GSX customise aircraft.

I've had a few times WidePSX ground services have delayed refilling, cutbacks lol?

JP59

Ok. Is it freighter/PAX dependant or does GSX always needs doors 1,2,3,4 and all cargo doors whatever aircraft is used ? What about cargo aircrafts which only have a single 1L entry door ?

Did you make a test with WidePSX 1.3 and engines synchronization ? How does GSX reacts ? What is missing to get a 100% compatibility ?

Edit : Re refueling and boarding/loading delays : it is a random algorithm which should only make the event happen sometimes. I don't remember the setting but it should be quite realistic. You should had no luck  :) anyway let me know if it becomes too often and I'll see to reduce the target value in the code.

Thank you for your feedbacks

Cheers,
Jean-philippe

GodAtum

I think this is the model I'm using, the Posky 747 v4 one you provided: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9832.0

Engine syncs works perfectly.

Perhaps adding boarding sounds will add to the immersion? There are some excellent custom sounds people have made, this one is particularly good https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=204279

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: GodAtum on Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:18
I think this is the model I'm using, the Posky 747 v4 one you provided: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9832.0

Yes this is the model to use with WidePSX. The only guaranteed compatible. Ok so when any PSX door opens, I need to open all the available doors of the aircraft, right ? Or do I need to synchronize door by door ?

Engine syncs works perfectly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps adding boarding sounds will add to the immersion? There are some excellent custom sounds people have made, this one is particularly good https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=204279

On my TODO list.

What about compatibility between GSX and WidePSX ground services module ? Are they working good together ?

Edit : In your last post you said you can get rid of the doors check in GSX. Can I understand you already get compatibility with WidePSX and GSX ? In this case the doors sync option, with all its possible side effects, may not be necessary ?

Cheers,
Jean-philippe

GodAtum

For me personally, it'll be nice to sync individual doors if possible. that would make it more realistic. I've used PSX.NET by Gary in the past which enables me to open/close doors via the centre FMC.

JP59

I understand your point of view. The problem is that everybody has his own conception of realism, his own priorities, and his own feeling. I can't build X versions for X different users.

Synchronization with PSX is the heart of WidePSX. No way to hack such an artwork (PSX) with any FMC non 744 features.

WidePSX Ground services module already open/close the following doors :

- PAX/COMBI : 1L, Bulk cargo, FWD cargo
- Freighters : 1L, FWD cargo, Side cargo, AFT cargo

Synchronizing this doors open/close with P3D is something I can do if someone can confirm it will be recognized and sufficient for GSX to work without any user intervention directly in P3D. The idea is to reach a total compatibility with GSX, if possible.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

Aonang

WidePSX is a very good programme which requires some time to master, unfortunately the 25 minute limitation on it does nothing to enhance the learning curve.

It was after the programme had seemingly 'crashed' three or four times that I became aware of this restriction. But it was into a four hour flight that I was made aware of the consequences when receiving the unwelcome attention of a VATSIM supervisor telling me that my a/c had been paused for some time.

I think the 25 minutes restriction needs to be seriously reviewed.

Mike

cagarini

@Aonang...

I believe you're referring to a 25' time limit on the demo version, right ?

Well, that's fair, I guess, to start P3D and PSX and have an idea of the end result.

Maybe it could, instead, be area-limited. Say... the program would run  full time 20NM in turn of Orly ( ? ).

OTOH, I believe that any such app should definitely work much better with P3D latest versions than with FSX, specially due to the fact that P3D can "NIL" the internal flight dynamics model efficiently, contrarily to good-old FSX...

Scenery wise XP is always a better solution though... Maybe one day we can have a new version of XView...

Meanwhile, honestly, I'm just fine with Tellurium :-)

JP59

Hello Mike,

The 25 minutes limited trial version is I think a good compromize to allow you to discover the application by doing some short test flights. After 25 minutes it will "crash" as you said. You can restart the application of course. Only start WidePSX when everything is ready in order to avoid wasting time. It is not designed to do a full long flight and it is not possible to make it "area limited".

With PSX capability to load many preset situations (takeoff, approach, cruise, landing,...) you can immediately test WidePSX in various situations and decide if you want to buy the registered version or not.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

Aonang

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Thank you.

I have sent you an email.

Regards

Mike

Aonang

Hi Jean-Philippe,
I am having problems with the WidePSX website.
It keeps on producing a Syntax error: Invalid Character when trying to transfer to Paypal.   :(
Mike

JP59

Hello Mike,

This sounds like a PapPal issue, outside of my website scope. Checked everything at my side, and tested the purchase process until reaching my Paypal account. Everything worked fine.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

Aonang

Hello Jean-Philippe,
Unless you can come up with another means of payment I will not be able to buy your programme, however much I want to.

I have used three different VISA debit cards on three different banks in two different countries and Paypal say it "... cannot add the card" on every occasion!

It is a Paypal problem and I am in no position to influence that so the ONLY way for me to make payment for your software is if you can provide an alternative method.

Hardy Heinlin

I'm not an expert re financial transaction methods, but the error message "Syntax error: Invalid Character" looks like a problem of the Internet browser rather than one of the money institutes.

Maybe the text you entered contains a character that Western language systems cannot translate?

Just a thought,

|-|ardy