News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

jlpilot

Quote from: hunijjang on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 02:47
Quote from: funkyhut on Wed, 21 Oct 2020 12:10
Quote from: hunijjang on Wed, 21 Oct 2020 04:02
Hello

I converted WidePSX's B747 package file(Project Posky B747-400 V4) to MSFS.

The video looks really good. Is there somewhere to download this model?
Thank You.

Hello Chris

As I said, this is the use of Wide PSX B747 model and it was approved for the Wide PSX(I saw this in the Wide PSX manual)but Project Posky did not approve the complete file converted to MSFS(I haven't asked them yet), so I don't know if I can upload it somewhere.

If I work today and this works correctly, I'll tell in detail what tools and how to convert it to everyone and how to operate the lights In the MSFS.

Thanks again

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Awesome job Younghoon! I did manage to convert the model and textures over to MSFS2020 but was unable to get the lights to work. Glad you have a solution now so I'll be looking out for your methods.

I did contact Hiroshi Igami a few weeks ago, he's the creator of the Posky flight model. I asked for permission to convert his model and he wasn't too keen on the idea and suggested that I create my own. Maybe you'll have better luck if you reach out to him  ;D

Regards,

Jermaine.

funkyhut

Hi Younghoon,

Just to add my ongoing thanks for your efforts. As with all things PSX, digging into the "guts" becomes a huge challenge of discovery!
I've now got the WidePSX approved model into MSFS using the tool you suggested, MSFS Legacy Importer, and it is almost correct but.......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xL9V8KqKUb6ef240g_pkcuBnfONnkOxT/view?usp=sharing

..... the paint shop went a little crazy.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Thanks again.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

Will

Actually, I would leave the paint just as it is. It's not a bad look. ;-)
Will /Chicago /USA

hunijjang

Quote from: jlpilot on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 23:56
Quote from: hunijjang on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 02:47
Quote from: funkyhut on Wed, 21 Oct 2020 12:10
Quote from: hunijjang on Wed, 21 Oct 2020 04:02
Hello

I converted WidePSX's B747 package file(Project Posky B747-400 V4) to MSFS.

The video looks really good. Is there somewhere to download this model?
Thank You.

Hello Chris

As I said, this is the use of Wide PSX B747 model and it was approved for the Wide PSX(I saw this in the Wide PSX manual)but Project Posky did not approve the complete file converted to MSFS(I haven't asked them yet), so I don't know if I can upload it somewhere.

If I work today and this works correctly, I'll tell in detail what tools and how to convert it to everyone and how to operate the lights In the MSFS.

Thanks again

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Awesome job Younghoon! I did manage to convert the model and textures over to MSFS2020 but was unable to get the lights to work. Glad you have a solution now so I'll be looking out for your methods.

I did contact Hiroshi Igami a few weeks ago, he's the creator of the Posky flight model. I asked for permission to convert his model and he wasn't too keen on the idea and suggested that I create my own. Maybe you'll have better luck if you reach out to him  ;D

Hello Jermaine

Thanks! I saw in your post that his suggested to you for making a model instead of converter permission.

so, If he doesn't allow it, do you mean it's illegal to convert Project Posky B747-400 V4 files for MSFS in this way?

I don't know him, but If he gave you that answer, it wouldn't be much different if I asked.  :(

To some people waiting for this :

Thanks again and I already made a manual yesterday about how to convert the file and how to apply the lights effect to the file I modified on my blog for JP and I sent email to JP with systems.cfg(for the lights effect) file yesterday but I haven't post of it to the forum yet.

The guide post has been turned to Nondisclosure on my blog. because I am a little confused at moment.

If Project Posky Developer approved to convertion for the MSFS, then I will upload the manual.
I think JP is better ask him about it.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

hunijjang

Quote from: garys on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:52
Hello Younghoon,

Thanks for the great work your doing with the posky conversion in MSFS.

Yes I was referring to the virtual cockpit still being visible when you moved back inside the aircraft at 3.30.

I was curious with the tool that you are using,  if you were to go into the posky model folder and edited the model config file to read interior=     instead of interior=B747_400_interior if it would create and unobstructed cockpit view while keeping the external model similar to what we did in FSX and P3D.

Hello Gary

Thanks!

The first time when load a aircraft, you can see it without any interference as my testing video.

However, I just wanted to show into the looking at cockpit of the aircraft.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

funkyhut

Hi Younghoon and J-P,
I've now managed to complete the conversion of the WidePSX and the Posky One World models with the textures all in place but no lights. The eye candy looks really great.
I gather from what Younghoon is writing to you J-P, that there may be copyright issues with the conversions if they are used or exhibited online.
I was planning to make a couple of videos with PSX and MSFS with WidePSX and attributing sources correctly. In your opinion, will that work or are the conversions strictly to be used in-house?
Many Thanks.
Chris Stanley.

GodAtum

Quote from: hunijjang on Fri, 23 Oct 2020 02:22
Quote from: garys on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:52
Hello Younghoon,

Thanks for the great work your doing with the posky conversion in MSFS.

Yes I was referring to the virtual cockpit still being visible when you moved back inside the aircraft at 3.30.

I was curious with the tool that you are using,  if you were to go into the posky model folder and edited the model config file to read interior=     instead of interior=B747_400_interior if it would create and unobstructed cockpit view while keeping the external model similar to what we did in FSX and P3D.

Hello Gary

Thanks!

The first time when load a aircraft, you can see it without any interference as my testing video.

However, I just wanted to show into the looking at cockpit of the aircraft.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Which camera setting did you use to get the no cockpit view?

jlpilot

Quote from: funkyhut on Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:47
Hi Younghoon and J-P,
I've now managed to complete the conversion of the WidePSX and the Posky One World models with the textures all in place but no lights. The eye candy looks really great.
I gather from what Younghoon is writing to you J-P, that there may be copyright issues with the conversions if they are used or exhibited online.
I was planning to make a couple of videos with PSX and MSFS with WidePSX and attributing sources correctly. In your opinion, will that work or are the conversions strictly to be used in-house?
Many Thanks.

Hey guys,

I'm no expert on this but I don't suppose there'd be any copyright issues as long as it's not distributed online. I see no issues with a "how to" guide showing the conversion process or distributing amongst friends but, that's just my opinion  ;)
Regards,

Jermaine.

JP59

Hello,

I am helping Younghoon with the WidePSX compatibility aspect of his POSKY model conversion since yesterday. He is very close to release something really impressive thanks to his hard work and research. I have the privilege to have this good old POSKY 747-400 in MSFS for my testing, with a clear forward view, its gorgeous textures, moving parts and almost all its lights working thanks to Younghoon and it is just awesome.

First, I am doing some testing and maybe update WidePSX to work with Younghoon's lights modifications for the future MSFS model.

Second, about copyright issues, the plan could be to release a « megapack » of all the POSKY 747-400 liveries available. This pack will be the original POSKY files, without modification except the liveries declarations in the aircraft.cfg, so I think no rights issue here. This pack will be uploaded and made available for download. This pack will not be usable with MSFS « as is »  but it will be ready for the conversion process.

Third, after this release, I think Younghoon will publish a tutorial to explain the conversion process to convert the megapack detailed above to be usable within MSFS.

We don't think this process will raise a copyright issue by only telling you how to modify yourself at home. If some people have legal knowledge, advises are very welcome.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

garys

A tutorial does not break any copyright rules.  ;)

Just to add also, every readme txt that I have for a posky 747 aircraft, the aircraft copyright belongs to project opensky and not too an individual of that group. Project opensky dissolved quite a few years ago as far as I'am aware effectively making all their software abandonware, so although contacting Hiroshi Igami was respectful, I don't think it was necessary for our intended purposes and bought forward a topic that should have been a non issue.

funkyhut

Hi J-P and Younghoon,
Great news and many thanks. Noted your comment regarding WidePSX Posky model.
I'm not sure where I picked it up, but I did succeed in converting a One World model. No lights but flaps, spoilers and gear work beautifully. It took a while to find out that you need to flip vertical the BMP to DDS texture files.
https://youtu.be/UsAKPJYvnzg
Awaiting with eager anticipation for your package and I know from bitter experience just how much work that is!
Best Wishes.
Chris Stanley.

18hazelwood

Morning all,

Following the chat, I too am trying to find a 747-400 (dummy) model for MSFS.
Any help or tutorial on how to convert an old model from FSX or P3D would be welcomed and appreciated by me.

I am looking for the outside model and the inside windshield view, similar to what we can do with the default 747-8 in MSFS2020 now.
Example below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDk4zSBmTjM

thanks all.

funkyhut

Quote from: 18hazelwood on Sat, 24 Oct 2020 08:11

I too am looking for the outside model and the inside windshield view, similar to what we can do with the default 747-8 in MSFS2020 now.
Example below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDk4zSBmTjM

I sent you a PM.
Chris Stanley.

funkyhut

If this post is out of order please let me know.

While J-P and Younghoon are working their magic, I thought I'd share the two conversions I have done. Credit and thanks to Younghoon for his blog post with the instructions on how to do this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XQJ-yVEILZThyfRsyB-kzK5OC0kwvl9B/view?usp=sharing

Here are two Posky 747-400 models. One is One World which has a cockpit view and the other is the WidePSX British Airways model without the cockpit and with unobstructed forward and side views. A Landor model is a WIP.

Drop the files into the MSFS community folder.

One World will appear as an airliner in the MSFS plane selection process and has an image in the selector. WidePSX will appear as Other and the selector is blank except for the name.

When the system.cfg (?) becomes available for operating the lights, you should be able to simply drop that over the existing file in both models.

Enjoy.
Chris Stanley.

GodAtum

Quote from: funkyhut on Sat, 24 Oct 2020 10:01
If this post is out of order please let me know.

While J-P and Younghoon are working their magic, I thought I'd share the two conversions I have done. Credit and thanks to Younghoon for his blog post with the instructions on how to do this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XQJ-yVEILZThyfRsyB-kzK5OC0kwvl9B/view?usp=sharing

Here are two Posky 747-400 models. One is One World which has a cockpit view and the other is the WidePSX British Airways model without the cockpit and with unobstructed forward and side views. A Landor model is a WIP.

Drop the files into the MSFS community folder.

One World will appear as an airliner in the MSFS plane selection process and has an image in the selector. WidePSX will appear as Other and the selector is blank except for the name.

When the system.cfg (?) becomes available for operating the lights, you should be able to simply drop that over the existing file in both models.

Enjoy.

Amazing!!! Can you confirm if the lights work on both models?

JP59

Hello,

I understand your impatience, but please don't make this tread going everywhere. Younghoon is working very very hard to release his package and conversion tutorial as soon as possible. The idea is to use the good old Project Opensky 747-400 converted to MSFS, with a custom systems.cfg file to make the lights working.

I also have very good news at the WidePSX side. I am working with Younghoon and a WidePSX update which will take his new model into account will be released ASAP. The converted model's lights (strobes included) are working and synchronized with PSX. No more landing/taxi light issue, the lights are now working separately. We will get rid of all the MSFS -8's limitations ! The very last light Younghoon is working at are the wing lights. If he can add them we will have 100% lights synchronized !

This major improvement is 99% the result of Younghoon's work, so he will be the only person to decide how and when he will release. We just want to test before release. I think he will come back to us very very soon. May I ask for a little bit of patience ?

Kind regards,
Jean-philippe

funkyhut

Sorry J-P.
Of course it's best to have it done right. Really great news that you're getting there.
Await eagerly for your package with everything working and coordinated.
My lights don't work.
Chris Stanley.

JP59

Hi Chris,

No sorry necessary, I understand the impatience and am also very excited.

Kind regards,
Jean-philippe

dvflight1974

Quote from: JP59 on Sat, 24 Oct 2020 10:58
Hello,

I understand your impatience, but please don't make this tread going everywhere. Younghoon is working very very hard to release his package and conversion tutorial as soon as possible. The idea is to use the good old Project Opensky 747-400 converted to MSFS, with a custom systems.cfg file to make the lights working. I can't of course impeach anybody to try to convert and share his own model but you have to know that Younghoon's model only will be approved by WidePSX.

I also have very good news at the WidePSX side. I am working with Younghoon and a WidePSX update which will take his new model into account will be released ASAP. We now have the converted model's lights (strobes included) working and synchronized with PSX. No more landing/taxi light issue, the lights are now working separately. We are getting rid of all the MSFS -8's limitations ! The very last light Younghoon is working at are the wing lights. If he can add them we will have 100% lights synchronized !

This major improvement is 99% the result of Younghoon's work, so he will be the only person to decide how and when he will release. We just want to test before release. I think he will come back to us very very soon. May I ask for a little bit of patience ?

Kind regards,
Jean-philippe

Do you think it will be possible to see a partly modelled cockpit - Strangely enough, I like the cockpit viewing of MSFS even if it's the wrong model of boeing - If we could get a "dumb" virtual cockpit that would be awesome