News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

ps1.3 help

Started by aeroporos, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 08:25

aeroporos

Dear Colleaques,

Please advise me what is the best upgrade to a joystick I am currently using with PS1.3 on a very old PC with windows 98 and Sound Blaster 16 except buying a new PC and the latest Aerowinx Masterpiece at least not for now,please note I am an Airline Pilot and using this program since ages ago and it still works and does what the rest can not.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I presume you must have an analog joystick (15-pin D shell connector), not a USB one?

Hoppie

aeroporos

dear Jeroen, you are correct, it is the 15pin socket that goes on the sound card directly, joystick is the sidewinder force feedback pro by microsoft.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Recommendation, no, but your choice will be severely limited. I found a few on Amazon, you may get lucky on E-bay and other sites or well-sorted game stores with a long history.

I am not sure there are convertors from USB (new yoke) to 15-pin. The other way, yes.

Hoppie

aeroporos

many thanks dear Hoppie, I am going to need a decent simulator for Airbus A320 family very soon I will much appreciate your thoughts BRGDS

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I am not aware of other standalone simulators. I believe pretty much everything next to PS1/PSX is an add-on for the FSX/P3D or xplane ecosystem.

Markus Vitzethum

There is indeed a stand-alone A320 flight simulation which aims at the training market.

See http://www.a3xxflightdeck.com/

I don't own it myself but it looks similar in scope to PSX, the major differences are probably that it's probably a closed system (no interfaces like in PSX) and that it has some sort of scenery, partly with high-res sat images.

The price is in the EUR 450,- range.

Markus

p.s.
If no training simulation is needed but rather a detailed A320 with system simulation, P3D v4 + FSL A320 probably do the same.

aeroporos

THANKS MARCUS GREAT INFO BRGDS ANDREAS