News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Java issue? [SOLVED]

Started by Will, Sat, 2 Dec 2017 14:19

Will

I use a Mac, and this just started happening. when I double-click on AerowinxStart.jar, the icon does the little Mac animation that it shows whenever an application is launched or when a file is opened (that 1/2-second enlargement of the depiction of the file), but then nothing else happens. The Java icon does not move into the dock, and PSX does not launch. No loading screen. Nothing.

I know one isn't supposed to launch Aerowinx.jar, but just to see what happens, I double-clicked it and the Java icon does move into the dock, but nothing else happens.

This is probably something simple, but whatever it is, I'm missing it. Any ideas?

Thanks, friends.
Will /Chicago /USA

Hardy Heinlin

What has changed on your Mac since the last time you successfully launched a Java application?

I remember you also had problems because some files were assigned to Internet clouds etc.

|-|ardy

Will

I don't know what's changed, except that I restarted the computer after a power outage.

You are correct, I had the cloud issue, but this is not that. The "cloud" icon is not present. And I can run other applications in my Aerowinx folder, such as add-ons that I've downloaded.

I'll keep looking.
Will /Chicago /USA

Holger Wende

Hi WIll,

Any useful messages in the Logs/errors.txt?
I'm not familiar with Mac, but what happens if you run the command "java -jar AerowinxStart.jar" from a console window rather than double-clicking the jar file?

Good luck, Holger.

Will

Holger, here is what is in Logs/errors.txt:

[Aerowinx Precision Simulator - Exceptions]

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 999
   at FmcVnavCalc.calcProfile(FmcVnavCalc.java:2728)
   at FmcVnav.startVnavCalcs(FmcVnav.java:3468)
   at FmcVnav.runLargo(FmcVnav.java:4054)
   at FmcGlobal.runLargo(FmcGlobal.java:2192)
   at Core$LargoThread.run(Core.java:1582)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 999
   at FmcVnavCalc.calcProfile(FmcVnavCalc.java:2728)
   at FmcVnav.startVnavCalcs(FmcVnav.java:3468)
   at FmcVnav.runLargo(FmcVnav.java:4054)
   at FmcGlobal.runLargo(FmcGlobal.java:2192)
   at Core$LargoThread.run(Core.java:1582)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Although I don't know how helpful this is, since it was last modified back in October...
Will /Chicago /USA

Will

Issue fixed. I re-downloaded version 10.13 and now everything is good.
Will /Chicago /USA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

About the only way to avoid broken downloads is if Hardy would publish a hash (such as a MD5) with each file, so that after downloading you can hash the file locally on your PC and compare the outcome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum

Hoppie

Hardy Heinlin

Quoteat FmcVnavCalc.calcProfile(FmcVnavCalc.java:2728)

At line 2728 there is no code, just a comment :-)

I always indicate the latest file size in bytes in the first post of the download thread. If it disagrees with the downloaded file size, the download has failed for sure.

|-|ardy

Will

I overwrote the old version... So I don't know if the file size as downloaded was different than the file size as predicted. In any event, things are working well now.

Will /Chicago /USA

Phil Bunch

Is there some way to see the version number as readily accessible text that is part of a new aerowinx.jar file?  If not, is there something simple that could be added to the jar file to make the version number visible?

In Windows, one can right-click a file and obtain some info about an individual file.  However, I can't find the version number by any of the simple things I know how to do in Windows.

Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Hardy Heinlin

The version number is only in that forum post and title.

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Ideal it is not, but a simple table with file lengths (and possibly MD5 or other hashes) could function as a makeshift version checker.