News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Transponder module

Started by kryten, Fri, 24 Nov 2017 12:22

kryten

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can buy a P&P transponder module for my cockpit? I've looked on sites such as CPFlight, Open Cockpits etc. but cannot see one.

Phil

jb747

FlightDeck Solutions has one

kryten

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but I cannot see it on their website. I can find a transponder for a 737 but not a 747. The 747 section has a MCOMM and ACP1. I hope I'm wrong and there is one after all.

Phil.

jb747

Just email Peter Cos.  All of their 747 trainers are shipping with one.

kryten

I emailed Peter Cos who replied very quickly and told me that their 747 transponder is a 737 one painted tan. The problem with this is that the knobs and switches are different to the PSX transponder. For instance the 737 knob has 5 positions whereas the PSX transponder knob has 4 positions. Do you have any experience of using a 737 transponder with PSX?

Phil

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

You will need specific software to control PSX with this (USB) panel anyway. If there is no 747 panel, then there will certainly not be software for the 747 panel, so maybe there is software for the 737 panel with PSX...

Hoppie

jb747

Actually FDS did the interface of the unit to PSX.  You are correct, it is not an exact match to the unit that Hardy has in PSX but the essential functions are there and it is being used by several PSX users for online applications with VATSIM/IVAO and PilotEdge

kiek

My SIOC software for use with PSXseecon supports the Opencockpits ATC737 to be used with PSX as XPDR ..

http://www.lekseecon.nl/downloads/psx/Introduction to PSXseecon.pdf

Nico

kryten

Thanks for all the replies I'll look into your suggestions.

Phil