News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

IVAO and PSX

Started by Aonang, Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:04

Aonang

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this topic has been discussed but I have done a search and all the references to IVAO that I have found seemed to be in passing in discussions relating to something else.

Can somebody tell me if there is an addon (or someway to configure PSXTools and vPilot) that will enable me to fly PSX/FSX on the IVAO network as opposed to the VATSIM network?

Thanks

Mike

Bastien

Hello,

I've some experience about flying on IVAO network. I've flown PSX+Xplane11 and the last X-Ivap client but there is an issue as the ground speed isn't reported to the controllers.

So we cannot use this setup for the moment....

I've saw in Mike's topic (Xview's developer), he was in touch with Laminar Research support about the "readonly" ground speed issue in Xplane.

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1615.msg46625#msg46625

Best regards.

Markus Vitzethum

Hi all,

> So we cannot use this setup for the moment....

I've just flown several legs on Worldflight 2017 with Externalsim 2.4 which also did not report GS. Only one controller commented on it and that was that, I happily continued after explaining that it is a known effect. It was no problem for the controller.

Markus

Bastien

Quote from: Markus Vitzethum on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:40
Hi all,

> So we cannot use this setup for the moment....

I've just flown several legs on Worldflight 2017 with Externalsim 2.4 which also did not report GS. Only one controller commented on it and that was that, I happily continued after explaining that it is a known effect. It was no problem for the controller.

Markus

Hi Markus, thanks for sharing your experience!
Effectively, it depends a lot of the controller itself ...
Perhaps I fell on a more strict guy ....

Bastien