News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Think I got a video of HH at the age of 5... but during a Time Machine travel...

Started by cagarini, Fri, 20 Oct 2017 21:45

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Reminds me of stereotypical pilots that can recite the AOMs from heart if you wake them up at 3AM, but don't have a lot of hand flying skills due to their training programme emphasizing autoflight.

Hoppie

cagarini

Nah....

it's an hint for HH !  An A380 :-)

My daughter sent me the link commenting - the grandson you would like to have....

And that all theory about the Airbuses being too automatic is pure urban myth... They're all equal if they're airliners.... Want to fly ?  Pick a WW2 warbird, an aerobatics aircraft, a glider ...

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It's not Airbus vs Boeing that I was hinting at. You can screw up a training programme equally well for both types.

Hoppie

cagarini

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:58
It's not Airbus vs Boeing that I was hinting at. You can screw up a training programme equally well for both types.

Hoppie

That's true, and yes, I knew you were not talking B vs A :-)

But on that B vs A theme, the more I talk to airline pilots who flew both types, the more I think it's all the same... At our airclub the two times the Grob 103 was broken due to landing porpoising was by the hand of airline pilots :-/

In the old days ( at least during the 70s ) Lufthansa required that pilots applying for a job there had a glider pilot license...