News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Unable to find runways data file:Runways_PSX_v81.vpx

Started by Daehee, Fri, 13 Oct 2017 20:47

Daehee

Hello,

Please somebody help me.... I read hundreds of post and try to find similar issue, but I didn't solve...
This post is my last hope... :'(

I try to install VisualPSX on P3Dv4. I try to many things, finally I succeed to connect with P3Dv4. But, when I execute VisualPSX.exe, It say 'Unable to find runways data file:Runways_PSX_v81.vpx'
So, I execute RunwaysPsx.exe.. But It can't find P3Dv4(I means Flight Simulators Found: None)

What I need to do for solve this problem? or Is there no way for using VisualPSX on P3Dv4?
Please help me...

cavaricooper

As I understand it... VisualPSX is for P3D v3 and below and FSX, not for v4 and above.... that said, I beleive some have gotten it to work with v4 (asboyd perhaps?).... but you will have to wait for others to chime in here.  The runway file is only needed for offsets, which are themselves less and less needed (if you use correct payware airports).... so it may be possible to just select OFFSETS OFF and try it again....?

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

asboyd

I have it working but use the file from P3DV3 for the runway offsets. I only have a few payware options (mainly orbx and one Aerosoft Heathrow). I will try and put a copy of the file on dropbox later today if I get the chance...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

asboyd

I have placed my version of runways on my dropbox site.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp9zsdqjtw82r6k/Runways_PSX_v81.zip?dl=0
Use the above link to grab a copy and unzip into the same directory as VisualPSX....

Hope it works OK.

Alex B

Daehee

Quote from: cavaricooper on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 10:16
As I understand it... VisualPSX is for P3D v3 and below and FSX, not for v4 and above.... that said, I beleive some have gotten it to work with v4 (asboyd perhaps?).... but you will have to wait for others to chime in here.  The runway file is only needed for offsets, which are themselves less and less needed (if you use correct payware airports).... so it may be possible to just select OFFSETS OFF and try it again....?

HTH- C

cavaricooper,

Thank you for your kind reply. I know that VisulPSX doesn't support P3Dv4 officially. But I read some guys succeed with P3Dv4.. as you know, P3Dv4 is more stable than P3Dv3. When I flight with P3Dv3, some times it make Out Of Memory or Fatal error during long flight. But, I never experience with P3Dv4. That's why I try to use P3Dv4 : - )

Best Regards.

Daehee

Quote from: asboyd on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 22:48
I have placed my version of runways on my dropbox site.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp9zsdqjtw82r6k/Runways_PSX_v81.zip?dl=0
Use the above link to grab a copy and unzip into the same directory as VisualPSX....

Hope it works OK.

Alex B

asboyd,

I really really appreciate  your kind help.!! Now, It works.
But I have new challenge. I installed FSX on my laptop for copy B747 default airplane. I was copy it from FSX and than paste to P3Dv4 directory. When P3Dv4 finished to load aircraft but, B747 has crashed(I mean, it fired on body).
than loading default aircraft.. do you have any idea of this happen?

Thank you again.

Best Regards.

asboyd

Here is a link to my 747 folder that I use in P3D V4.
Simply extract the file to your Airplanes folder under P3D...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuwj8jg08lq2xqn/B747_400.zip?dl=0
I have not had any issues with this one other than sometimes the height may need tweaking by a foot or two.

Cheers,
AlexB