News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Feature Request

Started by Mariano, Thu, 14 Sep 2017 02:45

Mariano

Hardy,

Asiana's Combi variants have a Combi Temperature (COMBI TEMP) Selector on the ECS Control Panel (there is no CARGO TEMP Selector).

Would it be probable to add this control on a future update?

Thank you,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Can you be more specific?

Thanks,

|-|ardy

Mariano

Hardy,

I ill post more details in the coming days (quite busy this week).

Could I post a picture of the FCOM page describing the control, or is that against forum rules?

I would like you to see the source exactly as it is.

Thank you,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

If you reduce the width of the picture to max. 700 pixels it should be OK as a quote.

|-|ardy

Mariano

Will do :-)

Regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Did Asiana just replace the word CARGO by COMBI?

Does anybody know whether this is the same on KLM combis?

The function of the TEMP selector itself is certainly the same.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Mariano

Hardy,

Trying to figure out how to attach pictures to this post. Perhaps it can't be done from an iPhone.

Will do it from my computer tomorrow.

Best regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Can you email me the picture?

Mariano

I tried emailing it to you via the email link in your profile but I couldn't attach them either.

If I could have the address, I will email it via the mail app.

Thank you,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Please disregard the forum's contact form. This is my direct address:

Mariano

Thank you, Hardy.

They will be in your inbox very shortly..

Regards,

Mariano

Hardy Heinlin

Got it. Thank you!

Well, that's an extremely complicated modification, and has a very low priority ... :-) Basically a rebuilt of the entire zone temps system.

So ... not this year, I'm sorry!

Cheers,

|-|ardy

simonijs

QuoteDoes anybody know whether this is the same on KLM combis?

This what I read in my KLM AOM: "On Combi airplanes the temperature of the maindeck cargo compartment (zone E) is controlled independently of the passenger zones and can be set from 4 degrees C to 27 degrees C by means of a temperature selector located at the loadmaster control panel near the maindeck side cargo door."

I did have a chance to look into the current KLM FCOM (but have no copies at home), and noticed there is no CARGO TEMP control knob present on the image of the KLM 747 Combi. Then by memory from what I read in the FCOM: in the combi, the temperature selector does control the temperature of the aft cabin zone when configured for cargo, but pax comfort temperature compensations are not added here and the cargo zone temperature cannot be modified by the cabin temperature panel in the purser workstation. So, I guess the loadmaster still has his/her own panel...

Simon

Mariano

Thank you Hardy (and Simon, for the further insight).

Best regards,

Mariano

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Can the packs actually maintain 4 deg C even in the sun on the ground?

H

John H Watson

QuoteCan the packs actually maintain 4 deg C even in the sun on the ground?

.... with the side door open in Saudi Arabia?  ;D

The Korean Airlines 744 Combi wiring schematics show an additional control knob marked Combi on the overhead panel (similar to the passenger control knob). In the cargo area (Zone E) itself, there is only a 3 position pallet selection (The main deck cargo area is reconfigurable). Some diagrams also show a Zone E and Zone D+E switch (location unknown).