News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Hurricane Irma now Cat 5, 180 mph sustained winds, gusts to 220 mph

Started by Phil Bunch, Tue, 5 Sep 2017 23:40

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Still here with power and network.

It is going to be a very long, rainy, windy Sunday...

All the best for the folks West of us... gn gn gn gn...

H

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

KTMB METAR stopped but was "interesting".

KTMB 101130Z 1012/1112 13050G65KT 6SM SHRA BR BKN015

jeffreymg

I am in North Florida, Ponte Vedra Beach and it is very wet a lot of heavy winds and large tree limbs falling on the house does not help my old age. This is nothing like I have seen here since I was 10 yrs in 1964 and we had hurricane Dora.
Hope everyone stays safe.

JeffG

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

We lucked out big, big time. Had not even power down (ok a few brief dips). Zero damage, neighbours have a few fences down and we all need to pick up a broom and wipe leaves and small branches away (no chain saw jobs).

However we are extremely aware that we got big time lucky and that many others were not so lucky.

This hurricane thing is real, not TV (and not made in China, either). Let's learn something for the next time. It will come.

H

Will

Glad you made it through with only minimal inconvenience. Sounds perfect, actually. Lots of interesting drama, without any meaningful damage. The perfect combination. Others are not so fortunate of course, and I feel badly for them.

You're right that the "big one" is still coming. Houston and New Orleans showed us that you neglect these big storms at your peril.
Will /Chicago /USA